0.1

She woke up to be surrounded by apes

She woke up to be surrounded by apes. She didn't know where she was or who brought her here, but she knew that she wasn't welcome, especially since she's a human.

As she began to sit up, she looked down and saw she was sitting on a bamboo cover.

'No wonder it felt so comfortable.' She thought as she rubbed her eyes. The moment her hands left her eyes, she looked to see an ape heading towards her. And it did not look friendly.

Her heart raced as Caesar stopped in front of her, glaring down at her with Caesar's piercing and frightening forest green orbs.

"What is human doing in ape home?" Caesar spoke as her eyes went wide. She couldn't believe what she was hearing. She thought they were stories; about the talking apes. But now she realizes that it's true.

"Answer!" She flinched back before she looked down at her hands.

"I was just looking for some place to stay. Maybe a wooden house or something. I didn't mean to intrude your territory. I'm sorry." She said as she looked up at Caesar. Caesar continued to glare down at her before he knelt down.

"Leave now. And don't come back." She nodded before Caesar nodded to the other apes and walked off.

Maurice came over and gently picked her up. She winced slightly as she wrapped her hand around her bruised side. She sighed before Maurice and herself made their way out of the apes' infirmary.

~

'Is it wise to let human leave?' Cornelia signed to Caesar as he looked at her.

'Humans hurt us. Can't trust humans anymore.' Caesar signed back.

'She is hurt. We should help her before sending her off.' Caesar scoffed softly before he walked off.

~

'This is as far as I can go.' Maurice signed as she nodded. She held out her hand and looked at Maurice.

"I'm Connie." She said with a small smile as Maurice looked at her then her hand.

'Maurice.' Maurice signed as he brushed his hand against hers. Connie nodded before she tightened the straps on her bag.

"It's nice to see you, Maurice. I hope we meet again." She said as she smiled widely. Maurice nodded to her before Connie walked out of the ape territory and towards the woods once more; hoping to come across shelter soon.