Chapter Twenty.

Wardell Stephen Curry.

"Why are you here today ?"

"'I guess I need help." I admitted, rubbing my freshly shaven head.

"Why do you need help ?"

"Are you just going to question me because I can call my mother and have do that then me paying you right now." I snapped.

The white woman pushed her glasses up and looked at me with a blank look.

"Wardell be nice." Ayesha whispered to me ," I'm sorry for his outburst."

The woman looked between us.

"Ayesha would you mind if I talked to him privately ?"

"Yes."

"No."

Ayesha made eye contact with me before wheeling out of the room. The woman followed her and shut the door before sitting back down in front of me.

"Why did you push her out ?"

"She was going to ruin this session. This was about you so it will be about you."

"She wasn't g-"

"Anyway , why are you here ?"

"I want , I need help-"

"With what ?"

"I just can't stop feeling guilty about putting Ayesha in the wheelchair."

She nodded.

"What happened ?"

I swerved on the road multiples after the cop let me go. I didn't actually think he would fall for game tickets that easily. I smiled to myself , feeling the alcoholic high I've been missing for awhile. Maybe I was an alcoholic.

Who cares ?

My vision started getting blurry and I was in Nirvana.

I noticed some red lights but they were farther away so I could wait to slow down. I felt myself slip to touch the break but I couldn't find a way to touch them. The lights got brighter.

My body flew forward into the seat belt but it slammed me back into seat. I heard screams. I heard cars crashing. I heard metal scraping. I heard horns being blown.

I stared to see my vision become clear.

Multiple cars were laying in the street , completely crashed into pieces. A white man crawled out of one of the cars with a bleeding scalp, screaming for help. Some other people came out and calling 911.

Then I saw the worst.

A woman was laying on the road with blood and glass into her body. She looked into my eyes before shaking as her eyes rolled into her head. I just watched. She shook and more people started screaming for help.

Then she just stopped.

Her chest heaved up and down one time then it just stopped.

Oh my God.

I killed her.

So I did what I always did.

I shakily put my hand on the gear and pulled it into reverse before backing up and speeding off , leaving many injured and only one dead so far.

I left.

"You basically did a hit and run on her ?"

I nodded.

"Why do you feel guilty ?"

"I mean why should I not ?"

"You shouldn't at all."

"How ?" I asked her.

"You two are in a relationship right ?"

I nodded.

"She has forgiven you and managed to fall in love with you. You shouldn't feel guilty at all. If someone forgives you , they did it for you and for themselves. She forgave you and it's now time for you to forgive yourself."

"How can I live with myself knowing that I physically handicapped the woman I now know and love ? That doesn't make any sense."

"It does. You can live knowing that you didn't kill her. You can live knowing that you didn't kill anyone. You can live knowing that you won't make that same mistake of drinking and driving. You can live even knowing that tragic event made you meet someone you never thought of meeting or changing your life for the better. She brought you here to get help."

I sighed.

"But I regret doing that."

"Then do you regret meeting her ?"

"I regret-"

"I said do you regret meeting her ?" She asked me.

I quickly shook my head no.

"Then you have to accept that you did what you did. Nothing can change that now. She's okay. You should be okay. You have to move on. You hurt her but now she is perfectly fine."

"I can't see that I hurt her. I took away her dreams and her happiness-"

"But you gave it right back with your heart."

I put my head in my hands , looking down. Tears were in my eyes.

"She deserves the world." I whispered , wiping my tears.

"Then give that to her with no limitations."