Unforgotten History

Harry takes a pause as questions begin to race through Alison’s mind.

Harry: Do you know about the dance coming up?

Alison: No….what about it?

Harry: Well…you’re new…and if you’re not going with anyone…

Alison: Yeah…?

Harry: Maybe we can go with each other?

Alison: Well umm…

Harry: What’s wrong? Do you not want to go with me? It okay if yo-

Alison: No it’s not you! It’s just…

Alison blanks out. She wants to go with Harry…but something from her past is holding her back. She suddenly has a flashback. Her mind goes back to the dark, rainy night of her past. On May 18th, two weeks after their one year anniversary with her boyfriend, Derrick barges into the house with the extra key he forced Alison to give him the other day. He questions her for not answering his calls. He obviously has had more than a few drinks. The way his eyes droop, the smell of his breath, and the way he walked into the room showed how drunk he was. 

*Derrick: Why didn’t you answer my calls, babe?

Alison cringes as the chills run down her spine.

Alison: Oh, I fell asleep.

Derrick: With who?

Alison: No one? I swear! I had a long day at practice.

Derrick: What the fuck, you’re such a damn liar!

Alison: No Derri-

Derrick: TELL ME THE TRUTH!

Alison: Baby, I’m telling you the tru-

Before she explains herself, Derrick pushes her. She loses balance, and knocks over a vase.

Alison falls on the broken pieces of it and cuts her hands.

Derrick: NO YOU’RE NOT. Now get back up, you’re fine.

As she struggles to get back up, she sees a piece of glass stuck in her hand. She pulls it out, as blood starts dripping down her arm. She begins to feel that lump in her throat right before you’re about to cry. He feels no remorse for what he is doing to her. Derrick starts to approach her to make the next move.

Alison: Derrick, stop! You should leave.

She says with a quivering voice.

Derrick: Oh I should leave? You’re the one who gave me the key.

Alison: That’s because you forced me!

Alison is confused as to why she stayed with him for so long. She starts accusing herself for making Derrick mad. Then she realizes she is a victim of domestic violence. She builds up the confidence to say…

Alison: We’re done, Derrick.

Derrick: What’d you say?

Alison: You heard me, we’re fuckin’ done.

Derrick: We’re not done until I say it’s done.

Alison: What are you gonna do about it?

After a few punches from Derrick, she blacks out. Derrick sees that his girlfriend is lying on the floor, unconscious. He storms out of her house, leaving his problems, once again.*

Harry: Alison…Alison?

Alison: Oh sorry, I just remembered I have to go. My mom’s waiting for me. Thanks for the ride.

Harry: Wait! Can I have your number?

Alison: Sure, here give me your number too.

They exchange numbers, but Alison leaves before Harry has the chance to ask for a goodbye hug.

@_District1D @infecteddeeply