Chapter 15

When we got to Hurricane Creek, we had a bit of a hike to get to our spot. Which was in the middle of nowhere beside the lake. Perfect! I was carrying a tent, some food and booze in the cooler, a fishing pole, and a bait box plum full. Everyone else was loaded down as well.

Zacky and Snapper were carrying a bigger cooler between them, which was full of food. Brian and Drezden were also carrying a cooler about the same size but theirs was full of booze. Killian, Matt, and Fudgie were all carrying tents, bags of clothes, and other stuff. Like the food that didn't need to be kept cold.

Jimmy and Johnny got it easy. Jimmy was carrying the floatie things he and I picked out, Killian's bait box and pole. Johnny was carrying mine and Zacky's acoustic guitars.

"We almost there yet?" Fudgie whined in a childish voice.

"Almost," I said, rolling my eyes. "Hush up."

"Z!" he whined again.

"Bradley Jason Jakes!" I hissed, looking over at him. "Shut up with the whining! I mean it!"

He shut up since I called him by his full name. I never do. And when I do, he knows I mean business.

"Calm down, Z," Killian told me, laughing. "You know he's trying to rile ya up."

I would have flipped him off but I had my hands full.

"Finally!"

I looked over at Fudgie as he and Jimmy ran over to where there was a fire pit. I had to laugh. I looked around as I sat the stuff down.

The next few hours were spent setting up the campsite. Five tents in a circle around the fire pit. With one behind them with the coolers, fishing gear, and all the other stuff in it. Aside from our clothes. Which were in the tents we shared. Me and Jimmy, Snapper and Zacky, Killian and Brian, Matt and Fudgie, and Johnny and Drezden.

Right now, we were all sitting around the campfire that Killian started after we finished setting up. I was eating a hot dog I roasted in the fire, the outside of it was crispy as hell. Just the way I love them.

"That good there, Z?" Snapper asked, laughing.

"Yes!" I exclaimed after I swallowed what I had in my mouth. "I love them!"

Killian laughed at that, "I remember when we were little and our family went camping," he said as he pulled his knees up and used them as arm rests. "By herself, Z went through two packs of hotdogs. In one weekend. And that was when she was eight years old."

"And I remember when Killian and I went exploring the trail by the campsite we always camped at," I said before I finished off my hotdog. "We were walking and out of nowhere, a rabbit hopped across the trail. Scaring the shit out of him. I swear he jumped higher than ever. And ran back to the campsite with his tail between his legs."

"Zaniel, did you have to bring that up?" my brother asked me, trying to glare at me.

"Come on, Killian, you know it was funny!" I said, laughing.

Killian started laughing and shaking his head, "You're right, it was funny," he said, agreeing with me. "Hey, you wanna do some singing?"

"Hell yes!" I exclaimed, grinning as I hopped up and took off, grabbing mine and Zacky's acoustic guitar.

When I returned, I sat back down. In between Zacky and Jimmy.

"So, which will it be?" Matt asked, laughing.

"How about something that Z wrote?" Snapper asked with a grin.

"What song is that?" Brian asked with a smile as he looked to me.