Prologue

1756 Davenport Homestead

I was walking along one of the trails in the foreat surrounding my home. It was cold it being the middle of the winter but I needed to go for a walk. I signed sadly thinking of my wife and son, how little Connor loved the snow.
When I heard crying coming from farther into the forest, walking toward the crying as fast as I could but with my age I could not move very fast. I came to a clearing I peaked past a tree to look into the clearing.

There were a group of poachers standing around a basket where the crying was coming from.

"What should we do with her?" One of them asked.

"We could sell her to slavers. Make some good money." Another suggests.

"Yeah."

"How about you hand her to me." I say stepping out from behind the tree where I had been listening.

"How about you mind your own business, old man."

"I do not think so."

One of them came to punch me but I swung my cane hitting him on the temple. He fell to the ground unconscious. I pulled out my gun shooting one of the others, ducking I just barley missing being punched in the face. I swung my hand up stabbing him with my hidden blade. He fell to the ground dead. I turned to the last one. He came at me I quickly dodgeed out of the way but I was not fast enough, he hit my shoulder. I fell to the ground, the poacher was on top of me in an instent, he raised his arm he was holding a dagger. He swung his arm down. I caught his arm, trying to push him away but he was a lot stronger then me. I flicked my wrist unsleathing my hidden blade. I quickly gabbed him in the throat. He fell on top of me. I pushed him of in disgust. I got up and walked over to the basket. There was a little baby girl. She was beautiful, she had chestnut hair and blue/green eyes. One eyes was a little more green then the other, it had more blue. She looked up at me. She reached out to me, smiling I give her my finger. She quickly grabbed it.

"What am I going to do with you, my child?" I asked picking her up. I started to walk toward home.

When I got home I went inside to get a warm blacket for the baby. I wrapped her in the blacket and got the carriage ready. I climbed on, looking down at her and wrapped her in the blacket more tightly to keep her warm. I snapped the rains and the horses took off.

***

When I got to Boston I walked around holding the child, looking around to see if I could find her parents. I could not find anyone. I have been walking around for hours, the child was getting hungry. I walked to the market, I looked around unsure what I should give the baby to eat. A woman came up to me.

"Here." The woman said handing me a banana and a peice of bread.

"Thank you." I said handing her the money.

"No, keep your money." The woman said.

"Maybe you can help me. I am looking for this child's parents. Do you know who they are?" I asked turning so the she could see the baby's face. She looked at the baby, her eyes opened in surprise. She grabbed my arm leading me away into an ally.

"You have to take her and get her out of here." There was fear in her voice.

"Why?" I asked.

"There are dangers men after her and her mother. You need to go. Raise her as your own."

"Is it the Templars?"

"How do you now about them?"

I showed her the pendent I was wearing.

"Your an Assassin?"

"Yes."

"Then you can pertect her and train her to be one of you. When she is old enough give her this." She said handing me a box with the Assassin symbol on the top and a name engraved underneath the symbol. The name was Sahra.

"Is that her name?" I asked.

"Yes, you need to go."

"Alright. Thank you." I said walking away I walked back to the carriage. I got on and went home. I was a father again. I smiled looked down at Sarha. I kissed her forehead.