The Big Surprise

Chapter 1

I woke up early in the morning, not wanting to delay any of my plans for summer vacation. I got up and started looking through my bathing suits. Number one on my list: Go to the beach. Easy enough. I ended up choosing a black and white polka dot bikini, my favorite out of all of them, and a yellow summer dress to go over it. I checked my phone to see if I had any new messages from my friends then headed downstairs. I was surprised to see my whole family sitting at the kitchen table waiting for me.

“What?” I said, wanting to know what was going on. It was silent for a minute or two until my brother, Jason, whispered to my mother, “Well, you gonna tell her?” My mom looked at my closely, deciding if she should tell me or not. “Sweetie, we have to tell you something,” Great, this never ends well. “We are going on a family vacation!” No. No. This is going to ruin my plans for the summer! “Why Mom!” I shouted, “Why do you have to do this to me?” I ran back up stairs and laid on my bed, tears starting to fall.

About an hour later I hear a nock on my door. “Who is it?” I mumbled, although I already know who it is. “Victoria, you can't seriously be upset about going on vacation. Oh, and I'm coming in." I can’t believe she just walked in! “Well it's not the vacation part, it's the 'family' part I'm not looking forward for. And I already had plans!” I say not looking at her. “I don't care if you have plans, you need to spend time with your family!” She yelled. Wow, that was harsh, I just want to have a nice summer...

“Are you going to say something?" My mom was getting mad, but I couldn’t help it. I get lost in thought sometimes, especially when I'm in trouble. “Sorry, you know I get lost in thought.” I look down, not wanting to show my face. “And you need to stop, but that’s not important right now.” She looks at her watch and taps her foot like we’re in a rush. “Than what’s important?” I shout. I know she doesn’t like my attitude right now, but she has to deal with it. “Just start packing. You’ll need summer things because we’re going to a beach house. Be ready in 10.” Oh, a beach house. Maybe this won’t be so bad after all.

*Ok so this is the first chapter, I know it's short, ill try to make the others longer. please tell me if you like it so far, and if I need to change anything to make it better. Thanks guys.*