The New Day (day 2)

I wake up... It was still night I guess, but things were eerily quiet. It made me feel uneasy as I gulped down a glass of water from my bedside table, still sleepy I try to turn on my bedside lamp. It still wouldn't turn on. I lie down in bed, the ceiling monochrome as if I was in a old fashioned movie where there was no audio.. The gunshots and screams soon appeared again. Will I survive? I needed to do something not just stand here waiting for something to happen to me. I stand up, put on my old robe and some slippers and made sure the apartment door was locked. I peeped through the peep hole and saw nothing but the other door across from me. I wonder how he was doing.. I go to the windows and try to conceal myself as much as possible to the outside world, who knows what could happen to me. Its pitch black and the only source of light is my phone and the glare of light from street poles across the dead street where it was usually busy from traffic. Surprisingly enough the only commotion happening is the gusts of wind echoing from the road itself. I sat back down trying to reassure myself. I then go back into my state of anxiety stressing about the things that could happen. I felt bad. I then looked over to the WiFi station located near my TV it had a bar. I checked my Wifi and rushed to call my friend Naomi, she picked up the phone and we started panic talking to each other, we talked about meeting at some time, but as soon as we could say the time the WiFi turned off and the call dropped. Tears flooded my eyes but I wasn't really sure why. I sat down and the couch and prayed.