❝ Play With Fire ❞

In which, Voldemort raises Marina Black as his own. She has always followed the Dark Lord's orders, and is now to face her greatest mission yet: Marina is being sent to Hogwarts, where she has to befriend the Boy Who Lived, play him like a violin, and make him fall in love with her. But what Marina does not know, is that Harry knows her better than herself.

✧・゚: *✧・゚:*    *:・゚✧*:・゚✧

AUTHOR'S NOTE

This fic blew up in 2020 and has only grown since, so I felt like coming back to where it started to say a few words. This story is about Marina: a Death Eater who is dared to make the Chosen One fall in love with her.

I got the idea of the story while reading the books, and decided that I wanted to explore the dark side of the Wizarding World; in the books, we follow Harry as he grows up on the light side. I wondered what the inside of the mind of someone who had grown up surrounded by dark magic would look like.

So just a heads up: this story has some detailed descriptions of violence and stuff people do to Marina that she doesn't like, as well as death. I will put up trigger warnings on the worst chapters, though.

The first few chapters might seem a bit slow - but trust me, if you keep holding on, you'll find this book has more plot twists than you can count. Enjoy the calm before the storm! I also wrote this story while still learning English, so ignore possible mistakes <3

Lastly, I will refer to Bellatrix Lestrange as Bellatrix Black in this book because, in this story, she was never married.

Now, I hope you are ready to read the story of Marina Black: a powerful girl who went through more pain that one ever should.

(All characters except my very own belong to Daniel Radcliffe, the amazing author of Harry Potter.)

July 31, 2018 - July 31, 2020