第 2 章 - Bad Life

Ai Lee pov

No matter how much you revisited the past, there is nothing you can do. I was lock in this era, in this timeline where there was no way out from here. Each day and night, I keep wander along the road of memories, wishing I could go back to the place I belong.

"Ailey.." I heard Qing Yue calling for me using my english name.

I turned around and saw her marching in my direction. She got her sword on her left hand with few soldiers following her back. She is this manor furren.

"I've been looking for you." She said but I purposely doesn't made the eyes contact.

"You found me. Now what?"

"Your need to take your medicine. Lets go back."

My eyes only focus on the mountain view infront of me. I sat at the edge of the mountain with one leg down. Its cold and lonely. But not as cold as my heart, not as lonely as I felt.

"Ailey.." She called.

A series of sighed ascape from my mouth as I force myself to stand. My left leg was trembling to support my body. When I was about to fall, Qing Yue imediately held me.

"I can do it myself." I pushed her hand away and corrected my posture.

Its was so painful to take a step forward but I brave myself. I don't need help. I can do it myself. I keep hyporise my mind to ease the pain. They followed me quitely behind my back until we reached the manor.

I ignore all the eyes on me as I keep walking toward my room. I step in my room and sat on the bed. The pain in my leg was running wild but I bear it. I pretend I could bear it.

"Please drink your medicine miss." A servant come in and serve me.

I just nodded a little. She place the bowl of medicine and left. I stared at the tool with empty heart. No matter how much I comsume those herb, the pain in my leg will never get better.

"You need to drink it." Micheal voice shocked me.

The time I looked at her, she was already looking at me. I sighed again as she walked toward me then sat by my side.

"I want to go home." I told her honestly.

"So am I."

"Micheal.. please. Find a way for us to go home. We can't stay here forever. This is not our place."

She only looking at me with those pity eyes. I held her hand as I keep begging on her. She patted my head and wipe my tears.

"I will. Now drink you medicine."

She hand over the bowl to me and I took it. I drink that bitter liquid and wipe my mouth after that. Micheal left the room after I laid on the bed trying to sleep.

Because no matter what I do, I just can't sleep, so I exit my room and walked quitely toward the kitchen. When I step in the dining room, Ming Leng got my attention.

My body just move on its own, turning back trying to left the room. But his hand on my shoulder stop my step.

"Why you keep stoping me !! Get lost !!" I yelled and slapped his away away. Because of thr quick movement I made, I fall and my hip touch the floor first.

He stepped few step back and stared at me blankly. I hate him. I really hate him.

"I swear if you stop me again, I'll kill you. I will really kill you." As I pointed my finger his direction, I am telling him I am death serious about it.

Using my leftover strengt, I tried to raised but the pain in my leg stop me again. I stumble down the floor for the second times.

Shit..!!

I was so pathetic.. So useless.. So not worhty.

The warm hand that held my palm got my attention. Again I meet the shining brown eyes of Ming Leng as he was grinning on me. Was he making fun of my terrible condition?

Anger once again burst in my head as I slapped his hand away.

"Was it fun watching a crumple woman trying to stand?" was the only sentence crossed my head.

"I didn't.." But his answered shut my temper.

Am I missunderstand thing?

"How could that be fun thing for me? I saw hundred like you after each war that happen. Not just crumple, but those left without family, those children that suffer from hunger or those wife crying of their lost husband.. Those never a fun things for me."

War?
Hunger?
Lost husband?
I'm lossing in this conversation.

"Stay away.." I was ordering him. I really hate it when he was observing me like I'm a subject.

If only I'm healthy enough to fight him, trust me, I will.

Before I could pridict what he want to do next, he suddenly carried me in his arm and exited the kitchen.

"Ah.. Let me go !!" I shouted out loud while punching on him back.

Stupid ancient man!! What he want to do with me. No matter how hard I hit him, he just ignore it all. I shouted for those servent or soldier to help me but they didn't do anything.

"Put me down you stupid !! You son of a bitch !! Crazy bastrad !!" I yelled in different language.

After cursing for a while, I stop when he put me down gentely on a bench under an unknow tall tree. I was gasping for breath because of all the shouting I just made. Seriously.. I hate this era.

"Look.." Ming Leng was pointing toward the sky.

I looked up and saw the amazing scenery he was pointing to. He was pointing on the huge mountain. Because of the clear sky, its easily to see the peck of the mountain.

"When its to hard to walk accros the mountain, learn to walk around it." He said.

What that supposed to mean?

"Its not a bad life, its just a bad day." He added.

You're wrong, this is a bad life for me. I'm not supposed to be here. I'm not belong in here. Everything are wrong since I got here. This is defitenily a bad life.