drive safe?

Jughead rushed out of Pop's diner ignoring Betty while she called out his name and hopped in his truck. As his tears began covering his face he slammed his fists on his steering wheel and dashboard muttering a different curse word with each blow.

He doesn't understand why he's angry. Maybe it's the fact that she left and didn't contact him for almost 5 years, or maybe he's angry with himself because he didn't try hard enough to make her stay.

Jughead knew he wasn't in the right mindset to drive, but he did anyways. Along the way to his house, he noticed a tree limb in the left lane and going into his lane. Attempting to drive past it, he swerved. The anger in him caused him to over swerve, drive into the ditch and flip, several times, going down a very steep hill.

His windows shattered, sending shards of glass into his face and upper body. The front of the truck was crushed, causing his right leg to bend the entirely wrong way. His driver side window was open, causing his face to become even more beat up. He was knocked unconscious from whiplash.

The crash was only about a fourth of a mile from Pop's, so everyone heard it. "Juggie?" Betty said pulling out of the hug. "Betty calm down it could have just been a tree. We've had quite a few tree limbs in roads recently." Veronica reassured her. "No, I'm going to check." "B, you aren't in the right mindset to drive." Archie protested. "Then you'll drive me." She protested. "UGH fine."

They made their way out to the car and began to drive the way Jughead had gone. About 2 minutes away from Pop's they noticed skid marks next to a tree branch and tire marks in the dirt. "Stop the car. Archie stop the car!" Betty yelled.

She hopped out, handing D to veronica and made her way to the skid marks. Running down the hill she stepped in a hole and twisted her ankle. Muttering a few choice words she stood up and began limp-running down the rest of the hill.

Resting on a tree she spotted a pair of headlights and began limp-sprinting.

She made it to the truck and looked through the open window to see an unconscious bloody jughead slumped over in his seat. She tried opening the door but to no avail. She reached inside and unlocked it. She yanked open the door causing Jughead to lean out of the car. "Archie!! Veronica!!" Betty screamed as loud as she possibly could. They came running to the side of the hill. "Call someone!! Please!!" She said. "Our phones are at home!!" they replied. Unfortunately, Betty had left her phone at home as well.

Archie ran down and began to attempt to take Jughead out of the crushed car. He eventually freed his leg and began to carry him up the hill. Betty struggled to get back up due to her leg but they eventually made their way to the top. Betty hopped in the back and Archie gently laid Jughead down next to her.

Betty gently took Jughead's head into her lap and began stroking his hair. "His beanie! It's down there! We have to get it, he needs his beanie." "Betty calm down, he doesn't need that dirty hat, it looks stupid anyway." Veronica replied. "Hey, that's mean." Delilah protested pointing to the matching hat on her head.

As they began driving Betty felt as though she was in her own world with Jughead. "I'm so sorry Jughead. I shouldn't have left you here alone. I should have explained everything to you instead of abandoning you like I did. I will explain everything...soon, just; not now. I promise. I love you so much." She whispered, leaning down and placing a gentle kiss to his cut up forehead.

"Mommy, stop kissing the strange bloody homeless man, you could get diseases." D said, causing Archie to crack up. "That's a new one." he said.

As they pulled into the parking lot of Riverdale general hospital, Archie, Veronica, and Delilah went inside to get help and a gurney, because Archie was strong but was also tired. So Betty was alone with Jughead. She stared at him and began crying. She reached down and took his hand in hers.

Soon they came out with a gurney and rushed Jughead into a room. They also took Betty back as her ankle had started to become more noticeably swollen.

tbc