IMAGINE: Khan rescuing you

| IMAGINE for @extremefabulous |

Khan's eyes fly open as he gasps, breathing hard. He's in a room with all windows, laying on a cold table. He looks around, his chest visibly moving up and down.

     "Where am I?" He breathes. He's no longer frozen. He has been brought out of cryogenic suspension. How long has it been since he had last been up? And, more importantly, who woke him?

     He carefully sits up and sees the chamber where he was frozen. His eyes land on your chamber. He squints and his stomach drops when he sees it's empty. Panic swells up in him. "Y/N? Y/N?!" He calls out frantically. He swings his legs over the table and his head swims. He winces and tries to focus his vision. "I need to find Y/N." He mumbles to himself, sluggishly moving off the table. He opens the door and walks out. He's still on the SS Botany Bay from when he froze himself and you all those years ago. He and you are the last of your kind.

Khan quietly walks through the ship, searching for any sign of you. He stops walking when he hears voices in a room down one dark hall. He presses his back against the wall and inches his way towards the room.

     "What are we going to do with her?" He hears a man ask.

     "Well, once she wakes up, we'll use her as leverage against Khan. If he doesn't comply with what we want, she dies. If he does anything we don't like, she dies. As a matter of fact, I'm thinking we may just have to kill her regardless of what Khan does." Another man replies.

     Khan's eyebrows furrow and he clenches his fists in anger. He peeks his head around the wall to see into the room. His eyes widen. There you are, laying strapped to a table, unconscious. His mouth slips open. He forgot how beautiful you are. His eyes move over to the men and he grits his jaw. There's four men in the room. They're strong, but he can take them.

     "Once we know that he'll comply with our needs, we're good to go. Once we dispose of the girl's body, we'll tranquilize Khan and get him onto our ship." The leader states, eyeing all of his men. "Understood?"

     "Yes, sir." They all murmur.

     "Oh, I don't think so." Khan breathes.

———

Khan gathers weapons from around the ship and then heads back to the room where you are being held. He's about to go in, guns blazing, when he hears your voice. He stops.

     "Where am I?" You ask, your voice shaking. He looks around the corner at you. You're struggling against the straps. "Who are you freaks?!" You exclaim.

     "I'd be careful with who you're calling freaks." The leader states, glaring at you.

     You look around. "Where's Khan?"

     "Oh, he'll be here very shortly."

     Khan soon realizes two men are missing from the group. "Drat." He mutters under his breath. They'll soon realize he has escaped. He hears footsteps coming fast down the hall. He ducks behind a box out of sight as the two men come running into the room.

     "Sir, he's gone." One pants out.

      "What do you mean he's gone?!" The leader grits out.

    "He's-he's not there."

     The leader grunts. "He came out of his sleep faster than we anticipated. We need to find him ASAP. He'll be coming for Y/N."

     Khan steps out from behind the box and into the room. "Actually I'm already here." He states, whipping a gun out.

Everyone draws their weapons. Three of them point their guns at Khan, but the leader holds his gun against your head. Your eyes widen and you gasp softly. "You attack us, I pull the trigger." The leader threatens to Khan.

      "You're going to pull the trigger anyway, regardless if I attack or not." Khan replies smoothly. The leader falters a little bit. "So go ahead, pull the trigger. I don't care."

     Your eyes widen. "Khan." You gasp in horror. He doesn't even glance at you.

     "You're bluffing." The leader states. He looks at his men. "He's bluffing."

     "Don't think you know me because you do not." Khan grits out, slowly walking towards everyone.

      "Just let me go, you don't need me!" You exclaim to the leader. You struggle against the straps that are keeping you to the table.

     "Shut up!" The leader shouts at you, pressing the gun right in the middle of your forehead. You squeeze your eyes shut but not before you see a quick flash of worry and panic move over Khan's face. He quickly masks it.

     "You come any closer and, I swear, I will put a bullet hole in her forehead." The leader hisses to Khan.

     "You won't." Khan replies coolly.

     "Won't I?" The leader threatens. Your heart pounds heavily. You're just waiting...waiting for that shot to ring out.

You hear a shot and you flinch, letting out a cry. Multiple shots ring out for a few seconds and then there's just silence.

     You must be dead.

     You slowly open your eyes and look around the room. Khan stands there in the middle of the room amongst the dead bodies. The leader is dead right beside the table.

     "Khan." You breathe with relief, feeling like crying. He looks at you and then rushes over to you, dropping his gun on a nearby table. He quickly unstraps you from the table. Once you're free, you sit up and throw your arms around him. He hugs you tightly.

     "Are you hurt?" He whispers.

     "No, no. I'm fine. Are you okay?" You whisper back. He nods and just holds you close. "Who were those men?" You ask him. He pulls his head back and brushes your hair back from your forehead. His eyes search your face.

      "I have no idea." He smiles at you. "Look at you. You're so beautiful." He whispers, cupping the sides of your face.

     You laugh softly and blush. "I've missed you, Khan. When-when we were frozen, I couldn't stop thinking about you. All of my dreams were about you." You whisper, caressing his face.

      He grabs your hand and kisses the tips of your fingers. "I've missed you too." He sighs.

     "What are we going to do now?"

     "They have a ship waiting for them. Once they realize they're not coming back, they'll end up boarding the SS Botany Bay. We need to get as far away from that ship as possible. If people know we've been found again..." He trails off.

     "They'll come looking for us." You whisper, flinching slightly.

     Khan nods. "We need to protect ourselves, Y/N."

     "You want to go back under again, don't you?" You ask sadly. He doesn't say anything. "I-I...I can't do it again, Khan. At least not now. Not now that I've seen you again. I've missed you too much. While the sleep is peaceful, I'd rather just live life with you. And if we spend our lives running, at least we'd be doing it together." You say softly.

      Khan looks at you for a long moment and then smiles. "If that's what would make you happy, then it will make me happy too." He tells you. You smile brightly and he leans forward and kisses you soundly.

     You gasp softly. "Wow. First kiss in a while...that was amazing." You breathe once he pulls away.

     He grins. "Care to outdo me?" He questions. You slowly grin and pull him in for another kiss.
[THE END] I hope you liked it!