Chapter 15A

Pyaar to dil se hi hota hai

Iss tarah hisab kitab kar k naap tol k nahi hota

_______________________

He didn't want to let go of this opportunity. He has to lit the fire which he could see has doused in RM just because everyone has lied to Devyani Singh Raizada considering her health.

So the very next morning he decided to execute his plan.

Coming back to RM Shyam headed straight to Nani's room where Manorama was already present. He knocked once and then entered freezing both the people in the room.

"Namaste Nani ji. Mami ji." Shyam greeted with as much mock sweetness as he could.

He got a curt nod from Devyani while Manorama didn't bother answering him. He gritted his teeth. All because of Arnav everyone treated him cautiously except for Anjali. Arnav has implanted a doubt in their minds which he knew would stay there until or unless he wouldn't manipulate them to earn their trust back. If not for Anjali he wouldn't have come back in RM nor the door of this mansion would've ever opened for him.

"Anjali bitiya isn't home." Devyani said sitting on the bed leaning against the headboard.

"I know Nani ji. Rani Sahiba told me Arnav has finally allowed Khushi ji to meet her mother. She told me she was going to be there at Laxmi Nagar but when I went there something strange happened." He smirked inwardly as he saw worry lines creasing Nani's forehead. Manorama stiffened besides her.

"What?" Devyani asked.

Manorama interjected urgently.

"Let it be damad ji. All that matters is Arnav bitwa is changing for Khushi bitiya. We shouldn't be concerned about anything related to Laxmi Nagar neighborhood."

Shyam cursed in his mind. Why Mami ji has to intervene?

"Oh right. I was just-" Shyam made an ever so innocent face.

"What is it?" Nani asked. The concern only adding up to her stance. Manorama tried to change the topic but Devyani stopped her sternly.

"Bua ji's house was locked from outside. When I asked the neighbors they told me that Guptas left a few days ago. I am still trying to figure out why Rani Sahiba lied to me about being there when no one from Guptas was there for days?" He made a perfect confused face pulling the rug under Nani's feet. She blanched.

Manorama's eyes widened. She glared at Shyam who made an apologetic face.

"Manorama where is Khushi bitiya then? Anjali bitiya? And Chote? Where is he? Where have they gone if not to Laxmi Nagar?" Devyani asked on the verge of panicking.

"They would be here by afternoon or maybe even before that." It was Akash who entered and came to stand at the foot of the bed. Payal came to stand besides him.

"Where are the Guptas? If they weren't here at all then why did you lie to me that Khushi went to meet her family accompanying Anjali bitiya with her?"

"I didn't lie Dadi. Guptas has shifted to a rented place as their house needed renovation. While the work is going on in their home they had to find another place to live in, right. Khushi ji and Di are in that house so obviously-" He turned his head to meet Shyam's eyes. "--Jija ji would find Buaji's house locked."

"What about the neighbors who said that-" Shyam started seeing the situation getting out of his hand.

"Neighbors say whatever they presume right. They love to spread rumors mostly which aren't right." Akash interjected strongly. "Payal is right here Jijaji. Surely neighbors won't know more than her own maternal home would they?"