Obvious

Jeno and Jaemin have been the best of friends ever since they knew how to walk. With only months apart, they spend every waking minute of everyday with each other. As years passed, their duo becomes a group of seven adorable kids, who stick with each other through thick and thin.
“Nana! Wake up!” Jeno jumps into the younger one’s bed and wraps his arms around him.
Jaemin groans in a way that the older finds so adorable. “Jeno?” he turns around and wraps his arms around him as well. “What are you doing here?”
“Don’t tell me you forgot? It’s Mark-hyung’s graduation today.” Jeno reminds him. “After this, he will enter the world of employment and may have no time to hang out with us again.”
Jaemin giggles causing the other boy’s heart jump. “I didn’t forget. What I meant was, what are you doing here so early when Mark-hyung’s graduation isn’t until six hours from now?”
“Oh…” Jeno tightens his hold on the boy. “I just wanted to spend some time with you. You’re always hanging out with Renjun and Jisung.”
Jaemin pinches his best friend’s nose. “That’s because you’re always with Mark-hyung.”
“No, I’m not.” Jeno pouts.
Jaemin laughs. “Yes you are. You two just had a sleepover last night without inviting any of us. Hyuck even told me that he might need to be careful ‘cause you’re taking away his boyfriend.”
Jeno joins in on the laughter. “I’d be happy to let Hyuck know that Mark-hyung is not my type.”
“Well then, what is your type?” Jaemin asks with that innocent eyes of his.
Jeno thinks about it. “I don’t think I have a type per se, I just know that I like the person if I do.”
“Well, what about me?” Jaemin says in a joking manner.

Jeno doesn’t answer and just smothers Jaemin’s face into his chest as the latter begins to hit him in whatever part he can reach.

Yes, Jeno and Jaemin grew up by each other’s side. Being there for each other no matter how high or how lough. At first, jeno thought that everything that he’s doing for Jaemin is simple because he’s his best friend. But one day made him realize that it isn’t just friendship for him anymore.

Jaemin turns 20 today, and decides to give himself the chance to confess his crush, Kim Jungwoo. He dresses up real nice and goes to a café they agreed to meet up.
“Why do you look so nice?” jeno greets as he sees his best friend going out.
Jaemin runs and engulfs the older boy into a tight hug. “Let’s celebrate my birthday later, okay? I’m meeting with Jungwoo-sunbae. I’ll confess to him and see where it goes. So it can end in two ways. I’ll see you tonight, bye jeno!

Jeno watches as Jaemin excitedly walks out the door with that stupid gorgeous smile on his face. He doesn’t understand the stinging feeling that he felt when Jaemin said that he’s gonna confess to one of their seniors.

Jeno waits for the whole day for Jaemin, getting anxious every minute the younger boy isn’t back. why does he feel like this? Didn’t he want Jaemin to be happy? He’s his best friend, right? But why does his heart feels like it’s being crushed into a million pieces, knowing that he might come back with someone else?  Jeno suddenly jumps when he hears his phone ring.
“Jeno…” jaemin’s crying voice suddenly rings through the speaker.
“Jaemin? Where are you?” jeno can’t help that prickling feeling in his head when he heard his voice.
Jaemin sounds like he’s drinking something. “I’m at Han River. Please come.”
“I’m already on my way.” Jeno ends the call, grabs his jacket and runs to where his best friend is.

Jeno finds Jaemin in one of the seats made our of stone by the river, with a bottle of Soju in his hand and an empty bottle beside him. He sits next to next to the boy with cheeks as pink as a strawberry.
“Are you supposed to be drinking alone in your birthday?” Jeno softly says.
Jaemin chuckles bitterly. “Should I? I thought I was prepared for it but damn did it sting.”
“What happened?” Jeno takes the bottle that the younger is about to drink.
Jaemin sighs. “I really don’t know what to say. There’s not much to tell. I got rejected.”
“Did he hurt you?” Jeno drinks from the same bottle, preparing to fight.
But Jaemin shakes his head. “NO, he rejected me in a nice way.” He lowers his head, his shoulders shaking. “But it doesn’t mean that it hurts any less.”