Small Town Living

Hailee Bell is your average seventeen year old girl who lives in a small town, an extremely small town. She lives in a place called Snowflake, population 700. She lives with her twenty two year old brother, Chance Bell just outside of town.

Hailee is a good girl, she gets good grades, she sings in church choir, and has a job waitressing in a small restaurant. But she wanted more, she has big goals and dreams to live in a big city.

She wants to do something worth doing, maybe become a writer. Secretly that's always been her dream but nobody knows that. She reads, reads, and reads. She reads about art, history, music, and pretty much anything she can get her hands on, but in this small of a town, she's running out of things to read. That's just asking for trouble.

Hailee is one of the most known people around town, everybody knows Hailee Bell, the blue eyed beauty. Most girls would love being the most popular, but not this girl.

"Chance, why do people stare at me like I'm a freak show? The two were eating dinner when Hailee started to vent.
"What makes you think people are staring at you?" Hailee squinted at him hoping he'd take the hint.
"Ok kid, you got me. People talk and stare at you" She knew it!
"Any reason they'd be talking and staring at me?"
Chance looked away trying to avoid the question. "You want the truth, you got it. They stare and talk about you for multiple reasons. First off because you are a spitting image of mom. And second, because you are the most beautiful, most talented, and most driven girl in all of Snowflake. Having you around gives the people something to talk about." Hailee sigh's. "So.. youre telling me people talk and whisper just because I look like mom and I give them something to talk about?"

She thought all this was crazy talk. And now she was mad, she didn't want people to talk about her just because she was there, she would want them to talk about her because shes actually interesting.

There's some awkward silence, and then Hailee finally breaks down. "Well maybr Im sick in tired of people talking and staring! I'm not some freak show ya know!" Chance looks at her real hard, " Well kiddo, this is how small town living is like."

Hailee starts crying and then runs off.