Tell Everything

Ok, wow. Lucas is sitting right in front of everyone. Um, awkward. Chance looks over to Hailee where he sees that she is overwhelmed and as pale as a piece of bread. He wonders how to get his two siblings talking. He knows that meeting Hailee has always been Lucas's dream but after the way Hailee rejected his hug, tensions are high.

Surprisingly, Liam is the one to break all the silence. "Lucas, tell us about yourself. I mean my curiosity is high." Lucas looks to Hailee. "Well, I'll tell you everything."

"When Chance was born, I was very mean to him. I would throw things at him, and I would try and hit him all the time. As we got older, it got worse, I guess I just hated him. But then Hailee was born, our parents were very worried about how I would treat her, so they sent me to live with our grandmother Deann. Well grandma died expected when I was twelve and they didn't know what to do with me. I still had behavior issues, so mom and dad sent me to a private boarding school, and I stayed there until I turned eighteen. I didn't even come home for moms funeral. And straight out of the school, I went into the military, our dad always talked about it and I needed for once to make him proud. We actually got stationed together unexpectedly and lived in the bunkers for about a year, if we weren't trying to save other people, we probably would have tried to save our relationship, but it was good. Before he got transferred he told me he was proud of the man I became. I talked to him about you all the time Hailee, told him about the letters and such but he never said to tell you anything. And here I am now, all these years later, home to be with my family, if they'll accept me."

Wow, that was a lot. And that last remark was totally directed towards Hailee. A second goes by and Hailee gets up and runs into the house to her room, Liam chases after her. Jess is left in an uncomfortable situation, "Nice to meet you Lucas, Chance I'll be heading home, Liam can stay as long as he wants. No curfew tonight." Chance nods, "if it gets too late I'll make up the couch for him." Jess smiles and walks off.