-/05/-

|Duties|

A D O N I S

A D O N I S

I watch as Alex and Cora lay on the long couch together, Alex happily asleep as Cora was wrap in his arms giving him more comfort then the fireplace could ever have.

Cora was still awaken, her gaze flickering across the large living room before they land on me.

C O R A

"Why did you save me?" I ask him. This question has been on my mind for quite sometime now and I just need answers.

He shrug, "Because I was told to."

I roll my eyes, unable to believe his lie.

"You don't look like the kinda guy to get tell to do things."

"And you don't look like the kind of girl to be chased by thousands of people to get kill yet here we are, love."

I bite my bottom lip, trying to ignore what he said at the end. "You had a chance to kill me but you resist, now their all going to come after Alex, you and me."

"Your co-workers — best friends — family and everyone else are going to be on our tail, everyone's going to try to get us killed."

He grin, "They know who I am, let them come if they have the courage."

Was he even understanding what I was saying?

"What I'm trying to say is, Adonis, I was better off dead when I gave you the chance to kill me, you should have." His grin quickly disappear and the dull look on his face return causing me to be scared a little.

"I have done this all before and everyone just ends up dead, I don't want that to happen to us —"

"It's time for bed, training in the morning." He cut me off, quickly raising from his seat and walking away.

~

"Time to wake up sleepy heads, breakfast is ready and a whole day of training is preparing." He swing the curtains one side, the sun brightly shining through the window and on me.

I groan, "Just a little longer." I mumble turning my head in another direction to block it.

"Just a little longer?" Adonis repeated me, two big arms wrapping around my body and all I knew was I was levitating.

"What's going on?"

"Adonis!" I yell as I was place on the floor in the kitchen.

"You've place me on the stool." I pout, my voice soft and passing for a mumble.

"Why should I, love." Alex gaze quickly landed on Adonis with a glare, "Stop calling her that." He warn him.

"Gimme something better then." Adonis place three plates unto the table, all filled with eggs, pancakes and bacon but mostly, everything was burnt except the eggs.

"Adonis, I gave you one chance to cook."

"And you know you shouldn't."

Alex sigh.

"It's only burn a little — maybe it'll taste good?" I shrug, taking a bite of the pancake and instantly spitting out.

Adonis threw his head back in a amusement and begin clapping his hands as he laugh, his white as snow teeth showing.

"After finding out the plan to make breakfast failed — I grab us some breakfast fast food."

"So who wants some Chick- fil-A."

~

"Pick up the gun, Cora Martin."

My eyes flicker to Adonis before swallowing the lump in my throat and tightly squeeze my eyes close.

"Cora —"

I slowly pick up the gun and trail Adonis off his sentence.

The gun was extremely heavy and I was surprise by it.

"Aim it at the target." He refer to the target as a piece of cardboard shaped as a person.

I continue to do as he said, biting my bottom lip as I waited to say the few last words.

"Now pull the trigger." I swallow the lump in my throat, I didn't had any problems pulling a trigger at a cardboard box, but I had a problem with pulling it at a living human being and that's what this training was for.

I'm going to take someone's life.

A hand was rest on my shoulder, "They have no problem of taking your life, do you know that?"

"Yes I do —"

"Then why is it a problem the other side around?"

I frown, unable to know why, "Because I don't want to be the reason of a heart stopping." I mumble, finally getting the answer out of myself, my voice cracking with emotion.