Chapter Two

Today is the day that I move in with the Brooks family. It's the day that I finally get out of my parents house, which means my father can't abuse me anymore. 

My mum and dad are screaming and yelling at each other again as I finish packing. Once I finish, I go downstairs to face my parents.

"Enough!" I scream at them, making them shut up and look at me, shock written on their faces. I've never screamed at my parents before, mostly because if I did, my father would beat me. I look them both in the eye. "You two are constantly at each other's throats! You don't even care about your own daughter, do you?! No, you don't! If you did care about me, you wouldn't abuse me or starve me!"

"Ariana-" my mum begins, but I cut her off.

"No! Please be quiet! I'm leaving. I'm moving out, and I'm not coming back until you work things out. You deserve better than this," I say, glaring at my father. I turn and run back upstairs to my room. I grab my phone and quickly text Jai, telling him that I'm done packing and that he and Gina can come pick me up. 

After I send the text, I grab my bags that I've packed and go to the window. I open it up and set the bags on the roof, and then climb out. This is how I've always snuck out to go see Jai or Luke or Ani. I know that my father will come up to beat me, or as he calls it, 'teach me disipline', so I have to get out of there as fast as I can. 

I toss the bags onto the ground and jump off the roof, gracefully landing on my feet. I pick the bags up and run out to the front yard, where Jai and Gina are thankfully waiting. I throw my belongings into the back seat and climb in. Gina smiles at me, and speeds away.

Thank God I'm out of there.

"Ariana, you'll be sleeping in the guest room, and Jai'll help you unpack," Gina said as we carried my bags to their spare bedroom, which is now my bedroom. 

Gina sets the two bags in her hands down and leaves Jai and I to unpack. I must say, the guest room is very lovely. For me, at least. The walls are a wonderful blue color, and there was a twin sized bed sitting in the middle of the room. Not technically in the middle, but I hope you get what I'm saying. There was a desk, with a laptop, and a dresser and closet. 

Perfect enough for me, I thought. 

"I'm happy that you're moving in with us, Aria," Jai says as we put my clothes into the dresser and hang them up in the closet. 

Yes, I'm letting Jai touch my underwear. It's not like it's something he hasn't already done. DON'T TAKE THAT THE WRONG WAY! It's just that Jai's always been the one to help me pack and unpack for everything.

"I'm happy, too," I say. "I mean, at least now I'm away from that place." 

I hear Jai chuckle lightly, and then I feel arms snake aroud my waist from behind. 

"Jai, I'll punch you if you don't let go," I warn him, sighing.

"You know, you're cute when you threaten someone," he whispers in my ear, his soft seductive sounding voice sending shivers down my spine.

I take a deep breath and punch him in the stomach, causing him to let go of my waist and clutch his sides. 

"I warned you," I say as he grunts in pain.

"That's it," he says, standing up slowly and smiling evily at me.

Oh no, I think to myself as Jai slowly approaches me. When his face is just inches from mine, he reaches out and begins tickling my sides. Loud giggles escape my lips as I slap at his hands.

"Jai... Stop... JAI STOP!" I yell in between giggles, but he doesn't stop. 

Soon, we fall to the floor, and Jai is STILL tickling me, making me giggle louder and louder. Again, DON'T TAKE THAT THE WRONG WAY!