Chapter Four

The last few days I've been thinking about Jai and our almost kiss. I still don't know if I like Jai that way or not. I mean, he's been my best friend since forever, and I'm not the kind of girl who falls for their best friend. Am I? I don't know if I am, to be honest. I guess I'm just confused about my feelings for Jai, and whether or not they're best friend feelings, or something more.

Speaking of Jai, he's been avoiding me the last few days, and it's been bothering me. He won't even talk to me, though I sometimes catch him glancing at me. I hate it when he avoids me, and he knows that. It makes me feel like a bad person, which, to be honest, I think I am. I mean, I hurt Jai, who is my best friend in the whole world, because I don't know if I like him as more than a best friend or not. 

My mom's been calling me once a day since I left home, and moved in with the Brooks family. She tells me she misses me and that my father wants me back home, but I always tell her I'm not going back home. I can't deal with my father's abuse anymore, and I wish they'd understand that. I honestly want to stop self harming, but that won't happen if I'm constantly having to be around my dad and his abuse. I had to leave, if I wanted to stop self harming and get better. And to do that, I needed to move in with the Brooks family. 

"Jai, we need to talk," I say when Jai walks into the kitchen. He looks at me and immediately looks away. "Jai, you can't ignore me forever. We need to talk."

"I don't have to talk to you about anything," he mutters, not looking at me.

At least it's a start, I thought. "Jai, yes, you do. We have to talk about a few days ago," I say. I set my cup down, and walk over to him, grabbing him by the arm and forcing him to turn around and look at me. 

"What do you want?" he snarls. 

I loosen my grip on his arm, but he doesn't pull away. "I just want to tell you I'm sorry," I say quietly, looking him right in the eye. Jai's eyes are too perfect, and I find myself getting lost in them. 

"Don't be sorry," Jai says, snapping me out of the trance. "I'm the one who tried to kiss you. I'm the one who should be sorry."

 "But, I'm the one who rejected you," I say. "So, I'm sorry."

"It's alright," Jai says. 

"Will you stop ignoring me now?" I ask.

"I don't know," Jai says. I sigh. "I'm kidding. I'll stop ignoring you."

 "Good," I say. I throw my arms around Jai's neck, hugging him. For a few moments, he doesn't hug me back and is stiff, but then he relaxes and wraps his arms around my waist, hugging me to him.

I still feel really bad for rejecting him, but I don't know if I like him or not. I guess I'll just have to find out if I do or not.

XXXX

"Yeah, Gina?" I ask, shutting the door behind me. 

"Ani, I know you like Luke," Gina says, looking at me.

"Wh-wh-what do you mean?" I stutter, feeling my face become red hot.

 "I mean, I can tell you like Luke," Gina says. "You're always blushing when you're with him, and he never notices it. He's been too caught up with that Chelsie girl that he doesn't even notice his best friend loves him more than Chelsie ever will."

"He's not with Chelsie anymore," I says. "They broke up after I caught her cheating and told Luke."

"Oh? I always knew she was a little slut," Gina says. 

"She is," I says. "But, what about me and Luke?"

"Ani, I think it'd be good if you would be Luke's rock right now," she says. "I mean, he just found out his girlfriend cheated, and finding out something like that is hard. He'll need someone to be his rock, and I know since you're always there for him, you could be his rock. Be his best friend."

"I will, don't worry," I says.

"Good," Gina says. "Now, go back in there and keep him company."

I smile at her and go back inside. Luke isn't in the living room or kitchen, so I go upstairs to his room, where I'm hoping he is. Sure enough, Luke is in his room, laying on his bed and staring up at the ceiling. I stand at the door, watching him.

"I hope you like what you're staring at," Luke says, not looking at me.

"What if I do?" I ask, stepping into the room. 

"Then that's good for me," he says. He turns over on his side and props his head up on his hand, looking at me. "What did you and my mum talk about?"

"Oh, nothing really," I say. "I told her about Chelsie, and she told me to be there for you. I told her I would, like I always am."

"Ahh," he says. "Thank you for being my best friend."

"Don't thank me," I say, smiling at him. "It's what I'm here for." 

"I know," he says. He looks at the alarm clock, which says that it's 10:45 p.m. "I'm tired. I'm going to sleep. Sleep with me?"

"Okay," I say. I climb the little ladder up to his bunk, and lay down next to him. He wraps his arms around me, and as we fall asleep, I wish that we were more than just best friends.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A/N: Hey guys! So, WE UPDATED GIVE YOUR HEART A BREAK! Yayy!! We're so sorry for taking so long to update, but we've been really busy, honestly! But, we've worked on GYHAB when we've been able to, and now we've updated!! We hope you guys like this chapter! We'll try and update again soon!

- Aaryn and Becky