CHAPTER TWENTY-ONE

I had to pause momentarily after arriving at the club with my friends

I had to pause momentarily after arriving at the club with my friends. Felicia lead the way to our table where more of our friends were. We greeted each other helloes and Happy New Years. I looked around to check if Logan was already here. But after craning for almost 360 degree, I didn't spot him.

"If Logan is who you're looking for, he texted me and said he'd be running late. I told him to tell you that directly but he said something about a surprise..." she trailed off, realizing what she just said. "Guess, I just spilled the bean. Although I have no idea what's the surprise is all about."

The girls giggled and couldn't help but smile as well.

"Maybe he'll get you a necklace or something," Dani suggested, eyes beaming towards me. "I mean, it's Logan. We all know how sweet that guy can be."

That's one thing about Logan—everyone knew him and how nice he'd been, how sweet he was. If tonight ended bad, I'd be the villain who broke the prince charming's heart because her damsel had been corrupted by her best friend when she was on break. Yikes. That would be some twisted fairy tale I sure didn't want to witness.

I got up with my phone in my hand, waiting for Logan to answer my latest text.

                Me: Meet me at the entrance

As I walked towards the entrance, I looked from left to right. Logan had a tendency to not read texts on crowded places. I had to make sure he wouldn't make it to our group of friends. I wasn't so sure of getting dump in front of them.

I glanced at my phone and there was still no reply.

When I looked up, I was close to the entrance, I spotted Logan's mop of blonde hair. I waved up above my head so he would see me. His smile was so huge. Why did I let him fall for me anyway?

"Hey," he said, greeting. "I just saw your text. What's up?"

I returned the smile. "I have something to tell you."

She held me by my shoulder. "Look. Let me talk first, okay?" He stared deep in my eyes. "Are you listening?" He leaned to my ears to whisper the words. It was loud inside so he made sure that I would hear every word. His voice rang and it gave me chills. It's one of the reasons why I started dating him. His voice was so smooth I couldn't even stand straight.

"I'm listening," I whispered back.

He chuckled when I wrapped my arms around his neck. "Okay, so after what happened earlier, I think I know now what should I do."

"You're gonna head towards the stage, take the microphone and dump me right there?" I asked.

He shook his head, a smile splayed on his face. "I can't believe you're saying that. Is that what you think I would do after I left? I mean, you look very convincing right now I might take that suggestion."