Chapter Two: Athena Crimson

Chapter Two

It's past noon, everyone is so busy walking around the station, checking paperworks and answering all the telephone calls, everyone is so busy that you can't hear a pin drop and then Xavier walks in with this smile and some folders he was holding, he directly go to his office.

He sat down and open the same file with the same suspects and the same evidence over the last two years, he put his index finger and his thumb on his chin in a thinking manner. He can't solve this case and he sure didn't want to close this yet, he have that feeling, he have that feeling he would found the killer of Athena Crimson.

"Such sad and tragic." Xavier whispered everytime he sees the case, sadness was evedent in his voice before drinking his hot cappuccino coffee he bought in Starbucks earlier before going to his work. Reading all the files again from Crimson's death, he noticed there was missing in their office something or someone is missing, he pushed his working table to make a force for his swivel chair to slide backwards. "Who the hell is that person?" He said outloud, looking around while tapping the folder on his desk and then somebody walk in. "Speaking of the devil." Xavier smirked and Seth looked at him.

"Miss me?" Seth gave out a cheeky grin and Xavier shook his head.

"So why the hell are you freaking late again?" Xavier asked and Seth shrugged and raise his paper cup.

"I got spilled by a capuccino." Seth simply said with his accent and Xavier raised an eyebrow.

"What?"

"I said I got spilled by a cappuccino on my freaking polo." Seth once again said and Xavier grew more confuse.

"What? Cappushino?" Xavier smirked with a funny face and Seth rolled his eyes.

"I went to Starbucks and buy some freaking capuccino and then this guy spilled me the damn thing making me go back home and change clothes and making me late, again." Seth said sitting down and Xavier made an 'o' shape on his mouth and return back to his seat.

"So? What's up for today? Any murders?" Seth casually asked.

Xavier looked back at the files and answer Seth question. "Old case."

"Oh come on, that Crimson again?" Seth exclaimed in disbelief. "Aren't you getting bored with that dead person?" Seth half-jokingly said before taking a sip from his cup.

"Hey. Stop being disrespectful to dead people, and as detectives we have to do that until the case is done, get it?" Xavier said getting pissed off as Seth raise both of his hands up in surrender.

"Okay, okay, sorry." Seth said and Xavier return back to the files. "So? Any new ones?" Seth asked and Xavier sighed while nodding. "Oh finally! I thought we'll be stuck again with that dead-- oh, right, sorry." Seth said and Xavier just shook his head getting the files that was delivered to him for the week.

"Here's the first." Xavier said before pulling out a white folder. "Robbin Jenner, female, eighteen years of age, living in Illinois Route 19, Chicago, found butchered to death in her bathroom--"

"Yuck." Seth exclaimed. "Who butchered a girl in a bathroom?"

"The killer." Xavier smirked and Seth once again rolled his eyes.

"Way ahead Captain Obvious." Seth said and Xavier shook his head.

"Again, according to Devi, there's a seven sized footprint found on the bathtub, actually twenty one footprints."

"Are they all the same footprints?" Seth asked.

"Nope. Some are Robbin's and the remaining is from the killer." Xavier said and he continued explaining the details. "They also found a broken window, the suspect can be a thief or either an intentional killer--"

"Or either he purposely hit it so we can see it that way." Seth explained and Xavier smiled.

"Good thinking." Xavier complimented and Seth throw his papercup on the trash can. "But here's a bummer, they also found Robbin's hair on it." Xavier smiled and Seth just shrugged.

"So any more further details so we can finally go to the house?" Seth said.

"Wait there's an additional detail here." Xavier said looking back at the paper and reading it, and then he grimaced. "Oh, this is sick." He exclaimed before looking back at Seth. "Base on the autopsy report, a hundred pieces of pills in her throat, maybe this cause her death." Xavier said.

"Woah there. You said she was butchered." Seth exclaimed and Xavier think for a moment.

"Maybe that was the first cause of her death before she was butchered." Xavier said out loud and Seth raise his brow.

"So? She was dead and be killed again? What? Double-dead? People this days." Seth exclaimed in disbelief, such case made him confuse of what people can do with their hands and minds, it's more dangerous than he thought they would be, sick people it made him sick too. "Okay that's its enough of details we're going to the house." Seth added before standing up and walking out of the room, Xavier just sighed and followed his partner in solving crime.

* * *

"Dad?"

Silence filled the room as a tall man with a mustache entered the room. Marcus's eyes is filled with anger and hatred as he slowly look at his father, his dad walks slowly in the room and sighed in disappointment as he saw a bastard in front of him and immediately speak towards Marcus. "Why are you here?" Venom was all over on Jim's mouth --Marcus' father-- as he point a finger to Marcus and Marcus just chuckled in disbelief.

"I thought you're in the gambling section of the city?" Marcus mocked and Jim squinted his eyes.

"How dare you talk to me like that?!" Rage was on Jim's head and Marcus gave a fake laugh.

"How dare me?" Marcus gave a laugh in disbelief. "Me? Really? How dare me?" Bitterness was all over on his voice. "No. How dare you go back in this fucking house and be here like you live here for almost your entire life!" Marcus shouted, he is in the inch closer to punching his father, no, not father, an enemy.

"Where did you get that fucking attitude?!" Jim shouted and crying was mixed in the background.

"This fucking attitude? I got this from you!" Marcus only said before Jim loose his patient and quickly punch Marcus' face, Marcus didn't let Jim punch him, he fights back but his mum and Val began weaning Marcus away from Jim and mum doing the same to Jim, Val was pulling her brother's arm away from his grip at the collar of her father's shirt, Jim just quickly back away.

"You get the hell out of here now! Or I'll kick you arse out and I wouldn't let you see them again!" Marcus was quickly stopped, Jim knew his weakness but Marcus can't left feeling defeated.

"Okay. I'm getting out, but I'm going out with my mother and siblings." Marcus only said and Jim grew more furious.

"No! You can't leave with them until you pay all the money I wasted on you!" Jim shouted.

"Your money?! Fuck! That was all mum's!" Marcus shouted before pulling away out of Val's grip,

"What?! It's not even your mum's! It's all mine!" Jim fight back but Marcus was tired of his bullshit, he shook his head and looks at his mum and his eyes was making a message that he's sorry and he'll comeback. Marcus turned to Val and whispered. "I'm going back okay? If this guy do something on you call me." Val meekly nodded and Marcus gave a sad smile as he kissed all his little siblings on the forehead, he turned to Jim and Marcus gave him a glare before walking out of the door and shutting it loud which only make Jim furious. Jim hit the stand near the sofa and Valerie immediately ushered the kids to go to the room with her mum.

________________________