Dangerous Game

-Ok, I think that's all-

I looked around one last time, green orbs now checking the room I now call mine, for anything that I may need. In all honesty, I knew there wasn't anything there, but my self conscious didn't let me of the hook before checking one last time.
After checking everything for the fourth or maybe fifth time, I exited my room rather quickly, not even bothering to lock the door.

"Better get out of here before I start overthinking everything "

-You're ready already?-

Leila's voice was what broke me out of my thoughts, her brownish eyes reflecting the tiredness she must had been feeling. Not that I could blame her, after all, we had spent the hole day walking around an old temple.

-Yeah, I think I've got anything. I just need to wait a bit for Sonic-

She hummed in response, her eyes never moving away from the loud tv. There must have been a comedy passing, as an fake laughter rang out throwout the house.
I forced out a cough in an attempt to catch her attention, action that at first was ignored. But after a few attempts, the younger girl finally looked over, brows furrowed in annoyance at my persistent coughing. Leila had to do an double take once she noticed what I was wearing, her mouth opening in surprise as her eyes widen in an hilarious way.

-So, what do ya think?-

I couldn't help but smirk at her reaction, my hands reaching down to smother the small wrinkles the dress posses from being folded up in my bag for so long.
Deciding to indulge her a bit, I forced myself to twirl, the black and red dress swooshing around in the air before going back to it's original position.

-You look stunning-

-Why thank you Leila-

But before one of us could continue the conversation, an knock on the door sounded. I found myself smiling, and there was nothing I could really do about it, not that I minded.
By the small giggle Leila let out, I assumed a speed walk was what I did to reach the door, I don't know, I'm kinda nervous now that I think about it.
But can you really blame me? It's been a while.

-Oh, Umm... Hey Leila?-

-Yeah?-

-Please don't stay up all night waiting for me, also, if it's not asking much, can you have my sister in bed by ten?-

-Sure Sell, don't you worry!-

"Yeah, not really convincing. I'm probably gonna arrive home only to have you three crashing on the couch. But I'm not about to fight you right now"

And with that last thought and a big deep breath, I opened the door with all the courage I could muster, and walked out.
Sonic was quietly pacing around, and by the looks of it, he was talking to himself.

"Not gonna lie, he looks kinda cute..."

After shaking my head to try and clear it from those thoughts, I, once again coughed slightly in a attempt to catch Sonic's attention, which, not gonna lie, seemed to work perfectly.
The blue hedgehog looked over in what I can only describe as surprise, an smile already forming on his lips. Or well, that is until he spotted me, his eyes immediately dropping down, to, very clearly inspect the black dress that adored my curves. His mouth formed an small "o", he's gaze making me ten times more anxious then before. After a few seconds Sonic simply shook his head before smiling up at me.
The simple sight seemed to take my breath away, honestly the sunset wasn't really helping the with the view either. The way the sun hit his quills was making them look slightly brighter, his eyes seemed to shine more then they usually do.