t w e n t y - s e v e n

T W E N T Y - S E V E N : B R O K E N

"Come on Rhiannon, I know you want it." He breathes down my neck holding my fragile wrists tight.
"No, I don't. Please stop, babe." I ask while straining my neck to see over him, it's dark.
I break free finally. I thought he loved me? Why would he do this?

I wake up from the all too familiar memory that slowly turned into a nightmare. I look around and see Tom sleeping next to me like he hadn't slept in days. I left him alone and crawled out of bed quietly and went into the bathroom shutting the door behind me and locking it. I go to the sink and hold me head over it trying to calm myself, my breathing became irregular and all the color drained from my face as the memory of that night came back into my head crushing me over and over again, slowly. I had promised myself i wouldn't let myself think about this again, not to let him take another piece of my soul and crush it like i was nothing to him, i felt trapped. There was no escape, i was stuck in a pit of abuse that made me run as fast as i could to California, to get away, i couldn't be here anymore. I left her alone to die, she didn't call and neither did I. I looked at myself in the mirror, to say i was in bad shape was an understatement, I'm broken.

The person looked at me with fear and hatred, it was no longer me. I'm trapped inside my own body, I'm spinning out of control quickly, no longer myself.

you promising it would all be good
but does this feel good to you?

"I am alone in this, no one understands me." I whisper to myself touching the mirror slightly with my fingertips. I dried my tears and went and laid back in the bed, staring at the ceiling gripping the covers, my eyes were trained on the one spot on the ceiling, wishing i was fine, that i could be okay for once, one time in my life. I continued to think and wonder, why did i have so many issues? Why couldn't i be fine for once?

I thought i had grown used to it, to being broken, but it was like re-opening a new wound.