Chapter 20 - I'm not here to live peacefully

"Is that true?"

"You really do love me?"

"I am the only one for you?"

"Your heart belongs to me only?"

"I'm the only one that can make your heart beat?"

"Your only weakness is me?"

"Nobody can take my place?"

"Will you fight for me?"

"Will you risk your life for me?"

"Will you cross boundaries for me?"

"Will you break the law for me?"

"Will you face the whole world for me?"

"Will you endure pain for me?"

"Will you harm for me?"

"Will you kill for me?"

"Will you abandon everyone for me?"

"Will you abandon yourself for me?"

"..."

"........."

"........................."

"........................................................"

"If the answer to everything is yes..."

"..."

"I'm yours, and yours alone..."

"Until my last breath, I will exist only for you..."

"You'll be my only reason to cherish the new tomorrow..."

"You will be the only form of happiness I will care for..."

"If the answer to everything is yes..."

"..."

"I swear on my blood, I will love you more than it is possible to love someone!"

"..............................."

"...................."

"............"

"..."

The sunset is dying the sky in the warm colors of gold.

It's peaceful.

It must be heaven.

It cannot be a mere illusion. It's where you want to cry out of joy while inhaling the fresh scent of the spring, while running with your hands spread, down a circling road of grass stretching through the endless sky.

The circling road of grass, that's exactly where Wolf and his self-proclaimed teammates are strolling across. The grass is so big, dense and messy, Wolf can feel it rustle under his feet, although he doesn't care one bit.

That can't be said for the others. Even Scar, who recognizes himself to be on the par with Wolf's psyche, is not immune to the addicting scent and visuals this place is shoving into everyone's faces.

This place made Shuichi forget about Yuuji's existence, not to mention the imprinted wound his assassin left in an act of hatred and the threats that made Shuichi unable to close an eye during the entire night. He forgot about his life he wouldn't wish even to the worst enemy. He forgot... everything bad that ever happened to him. "Reyman...Memory field... This is where I want to live and find my peac." the words slid out of the entranced Shuichi.

Toadette looked at Shuichi and put a hand over her mouth before she could giggle. She could entirely share the unexplainable happiness with her orange-haired friend. Yuuji smirked as well... but for a different reason.