Chapter 6: Lost

Yuri slept through the whole flight. It wasn't a good sleep. As if being plagued by nightmares of the same rejection scene over and over again would be.

He stumbles out of the plane, physically and emotionally drained.

After greeting his grandpa, Yuri walks into his room, using the remnants of his self control to resist the urge of slamming the door. He grabs his necessities and walks out of the house, bidding his grandpa goodbye this time, again with a smile. He quickly puts on sunglasses and pulls down his hoodie. If people were to see him in this state, would he even be able to face the world again?

Yuri hails a taxi. After giving the relevant information, he settles into the back of the cab, staring outside the window.
.
.
.
"Hey sonny, we are here."
The taxi driver nudges the sleeping Yuri awake. "Oh...thank you." He absent-mindedly hands over some cash and walks out.

The outskirts of the city. A quiet place where not many visit. As a rusty swing pops into view, Yuri weakly smiles. This had always been his little haven. He never wanted to worry his grandpa. So whenever he felt sad, he would come here and hide at a corner of the playground and sing his problems out. It always worked.

Yuri hides again at his favourite spot. The middle of the jammed merry go round. A note escapes him.

That's what they call pretending. Acting like everything is alright even though you die inside. And Yuri was sick of that. He never wanted to pretend. He wished very much that he could show everything he felt. But he was born like this, a tsundere as they would call it. And if he did show, he could very well kiss his job goodbye. He had to think of his sole kin, his precious grandfather.

Yuri drowns in his melody.
It was a mistake to love Viktor anyway, he just had to get over it as soon as possible.