Penrose Street 27

[16 December 2038   Noon
Gavin: Hostile]

"We are here detective, " RK900 said.

The Neighbourhood looked relatively normal compared to the others in the area. All of the houses were from the last thirty years. Either made or upgraded. Most of the people were away shopping downtown, at work or at school.

Mr Grant's house was red and rather small. No surprise considering there were only two people living in it.

They left the car and walked towards r Grant's house. The yesterday's snow crunched under their feet as they walked.

"You'll stand behind me the whole time, " detective Reed said as he knocked on the front door.

Mr Grant opened the door carefully after a few seconds. He looked mixed between relief and sadness.

[Jacob's stress level: 73%]

"Good morning Detective. Please come in, "

His voice was shaky yet monotone, similar to a victim that just had been shot at.

Detective Reed walked in with RK900 following in his footsteps.

The room they walked into was tidied with everything perfectly in place, and the dust that had settled was no more than 14 hours old.

RK900 looked around the room, but couldn't see anything that could link to the crime so he decided to eavesdrop on Detective Reed and Mr Grant's conversation.

"I'm gonna cut to the case. When did you notice that your daughter was gone?" detective Reed asked.

"Around 5 in the morning. I had just gone to the bathroom when I decided to check in on her and she was gone,"

The conversation had now moved over to the living room.

"How did you know that the android was involved?"

"She usually comes here at four to make breakfast and wake us up. I noticed that she wasn't in the house and was lucky to wake up on time,"

Detective Reed gave RK900 a look and pointed at the couch. RK900 nodded and detective Reed sat down.

"How is your relationship with your daughter?"

Mr Grant sat down beside him.

"Well, I believe that it was good. Though we weren't talking so much I did talk to her every day. We some fights every once in a while. The last one was yesterday evening but I don't think it had anything to do with her being kidnapped,"

Detective Reed exhaled out of his mouth and looked down for a second.

"What was the fight about?"

"There was a big test coming up and she wasn't sure if she had practised enough for it. She asked if she could stay home and study some more. I yelled at her and told her to continue until ten. A few minutes after ten I apologized to her. We hugged it out and she went to sleep,"

"Did you touch anything in her room when you checked it this morning?"

Mr Grant eyes widened. "No, it was easy to see that she wasn't there. As soon as I knew she was away I went into my room, hid under the cov-"

"I didn't ask for the whole story, "

[Jacob's stress level: 93%]

Detective Reed turned his head and looked at RK900. "Hey, Asshole!"

"Yes, detective?"

"Go check the girl's room to see if the android hurt her in any way,"

RK900 nodded once and walked out of the living room. Behind him, he could hear that detective Reed had begun questioning Mr Grant again.