Chapter Ten: Hellish Fights

I dove out of the way just in time, the gust of wind as the hellhound ran past was so strong it knocked me off my feet and sent me skittering across the cold stone floor. I shoved my hands against the stone in a vian attempt to stop myself from rolling and winced in pain as they scraped against the stone ground. Skittering to a halt I flipped over and tried to scramble to my feet.

By now the hellhound had changed direction and was circling me. I growled under my breath in anger. He could kill me in one swing and yet he continued to circle me. Hissing in frustration I pushed myself to my feet and reached for my back. I felt my hands close around the smooth handles of my swords. I grinned and hauled them out of there sheaths, standing at the ready. The hellhound hesitated for a moment as if he hadn't expected me to be armed but it was gone quicker then it had come. I grinned, glad to know the enchantment was working.

I broke out of my thoughts we the hound charged me again. I leapt sideways and rolled out of the way, feeling the rush of wind as it barreled past. Steadying myself on my feet I took off running in an attempt to put some distance between me and the hellish dog behind me.

My feet slapped hard against the stone as I ran sending sharp shoots of pain up my legs. I stumbled again as I felt the ground shake beneath me as the hound found his foot and lumbered around to chase me again. Closing my eyes I ran faster then I ever had before in human form. Thumps as loud as explosions reverberated behind me with each gigantic step the creature took. He was getting closer and I knew there was no way I could outrun him. Taking a deep breath I listened to the sound of his footsteps getting closer. He got so close I could feel his hot breath burning the back of my neck. Spinning around as fast as I could I ran back the way I had come right underneath the hellhounds legs, cursing softly as I realized too late my swords were not long enough to reach his underbelly like i had hoped.

The ground shifted beneath me as I realized with a jolt the hound was dropping to the ground. If I didn't get out fast he was going to crush me underneath him. Groaning in effort I pushed harder and ran, dropping to the ground as I did so, sliding baseball style towards the nearest shrinking opening.

●●●

Dylas' Point Of View

The world was moving in slow motion. I could see the hellhounds muscles bunching as it got ready to charge at Iris. I knew I had shouted something but I couldn't hear myself over the roaring in my ears as I ran towards her. My hand reached Iris at the same moment the hellhound did and closed on empty air as they both disappeared in a swirl of black smoke. I stumbled forwards, staring at my hands as the black smoke dispersed around them.

A stunned silence enveloped the room. I stared in shock at the empty space in front of me. I didn't know how to feel. I could feel my emotions swirling around inside my head. Battling each other to take control.

"Dylas?" Sasha whispered from somewhere behind me. I could hear the uncertainty and fear in her voice, whether it was directed at what I might do what had just happened to Iris I wasn't sure but it sent the anger that was bubbling up inside me skyward, boiling over like a pot left on a stove that was to hot.

"Where is she?" I whispered, my breath coming in short angry gasps. "WHERE IS SHE?!" I whipped around my eyes scanned the room, landing on the nearest hellhound. "I SAID WHERE IS SHE?" I roared, the growls of my packmates filling my ears as got caught up in my anger. The hellhound said nothing. Anger began to cloud my judgement and I felt myself shift. I howled loudly and charged forward, heading directly for the dog in front of me.

"Ah ah ah." A smooth voice tutted from somewhere next to me. My body slammed suddenly and harshly against the ground. Breaking out of my rage I gazed around in shock, there were long black shadowy vines wrapped around my legs and back holding me into the ground. I tired to open my mouth but realized it was snared shut as well. I could see my friends around me tied up as well. I blinked as that demon, what was his name? Ashkenaz stepped in front of me. "I wouldn't do that if I were you." He grinned widely, bending down until he was eye level with me. "One fight tonight is all we need."