Chapter 6

•Shawn's POV•

Meghan looked absolutely beautiful. Her hair was just perfect, she looked amazing in the dress she was wearing, she has the cutest laugh, and her eyes are just amazing. I'm so lucky to be going out with a girl like her. This is going to be the best night of my life.

"Care for a soda madam?" I ask her in a British accent.

"Sounds delightful!" She replied laughing and putting her pinky up.

We spent most of the limo ride just talking, I loved just being able to talk to a girl. She was so funny, I love a girl who can make me laugh.

We arrived at the restaurant. The driver opened my door and I took Meghan's hand and helped her out. We walked in and I went to the front.

"Reservation under Mendes for two please."

"Ah yes," the waiter replied, "follow me."

I took Meghan's hand and we went up a swirly, steel staircase. I felt bad because she was wearing heels. We got to the top of the staircase and I wanted her to be surprised. I went behind Meghan and put my hands over her eyes. The waitress opened the door to the roof and I led Meghan onto it.

"One, two, three."

I took my hands away and I watched her eyes light up.

"Shawn, I don't even know what to say. This is amazing!"

We walked hand in hand to our table near the wall so we could see the city lights. It was perfect.

"Can I get you guys anything to drink?" The waiter asked.

"I'll have Dr.Pepper." I said

"I'll have a Coke please." Meghan said.

The waiter nodded and walked away.

"Shawn, this is the most amazing thing anyone has ever done for me."

"I wanted to do something special for a beautiful girl like you."

"Well this is amazing. Anyway, what's your favorite meal here? I have no idea what to get."

"I usually get the chicken paramsian. It's to die for." I responded showing her the menu.

"That sounds good, I'll probably get that."

We both ordered and we got an order of the chicken to split because the serving was huge. We spent the rest of the night just talking. I loved just getting to know her, I love everything about her. She has a sense of humor, a great personality, and she is absolutely gorgeous. I couldn't ask for anything more. We finished up our food and decided to go near the wall and just look at the city lights.

"Wow, these are beautiful." She pulled out her phone and took a picture.

I decided to step back and take a picture of her.

"Shawn, what are you doing?" She asked laughing.

"You're the prettiest thing out here tonight."

She just looked at me and smiled.

"Ready to go?" I asked.

"Yup. Thank you for dinner."

"It was my pleasure." I responded

We got in the limo and it was sort of quiet, but a good quiet. It wasn't awkward; it was somewhat peaceful. Meghan had her head on my shoulder and I was looking out the window. Tonight went exactly how I wanted it to. Meghan is perfect. We got along so well, it was never once awkward. She's so outgoing and I could've talked to her for hours. We pulled up to her house and I walked her up to her doorstep.

"Meghan, tonight was one of the best nights I've had in a while."

"I had an amazing time, thank you so much. Dinner was amazing." She said blushing.

"It was my pleasure." I guess I was just looking into her eyes and got lost in them.

"Is this going to be one of those doorstep-goodbye moments?" She said laughing.

"What do you mean?" I asked pretending not to know what she meant.

"Well like you know how you said goodbye, and then I say goodbye and then we ki-"

Before she could finish, I kissed her. It wasn't a makeout session, but it wasn't a just a peck. I kissed her and meant it.

"Goodnight, lovely." I said.

"Goodnight, Shawn." She kissed my cheek and went inside.

I got into the limo and got dropped off at my hotel. I took the elevator up to my room and just plopped onto my bed. Wow, tonight was perfect. Meghan is just so beautiful. I feel like I just stare at her sometimes, but I honestly can't help it. Her eyes are gorgeous. I don't even know how to explain them. I look at my phone and look at the picture I took of Meghan tonight. I went on Instagram and I posted it. My caption was:

"Had a great time at dinner. You looked beautiful."

I tagged her in the picture and set my phone down. She's all I can think about. I have to make her mine.