Chapter 1

"And lately I've been waking up alonee." My friends and I sing as Ed Sheeran holds out the microphone to the crowd. He was singing "Give Me Love". It was my favorite.

My 2 best friends, Kerry and Diana, came with me to an Ed Sheeran concert for my birthday. I was a huge fan and we were so close to the stage, it was one of the best nights ever.

"I'll be right back, I'm going to the bathroom." I said to Kerry and Diana.
They both nodded and I walked into the aisle to go to the bathroom.

I walked into the bathroom and looked in the mirror to fix my hair. I pulled out a brush and got all the knots out if my long, brown straightened hair. I went to the bathroom and washed my hands. As I walked into the hallway of Madison Square Garden, I found a little food cart with pretzels, hotdogs, and the usual. I decided to go buy a pretzel and a coke. I paid the money I owed to the vendor and walked through the hallway and looked at some of the pictures on the walls. As I was admiring a painting, a big, tall man ran up to me and tried to get a hold of my Michael Kors cross-body bag.

"Help! Help!" I screeched as I tried to pull my bag away.

"Hey! Get away from her, now! " a tall, muscular looking teenage boy yelled as he marched over to me. The man trying to take my bag saw him and ran away. As he let go all of the things in my bag flew out and went all over the floor.

"Of course." I say to myself as I bent over to pick everything up. The teenage boy started helping me.

"Haha, here." He said to me as he handed me a bunch of coins.

"Thanks." I took out my hand to take the coins and our hands met, then our eyes.

"Wow, you have the most breathtaking green eyes." He said to me.

"Why thank you, I love your brown eyes too." I said responding awkwardly.

He offered me his hand and helped me up.

"What's your name lovely?" He asked me.

"I'm Meghan, and yourself lovely?" I asked him laughing.

"I'm Shawn. Where are you from?"

"I'm from around here, nothing special. What about you?"

"I'm from Canada, just visiting for a little. I love Ed and I just wanted to see him in the most famous arena there is."

"I love Ed too! I'm here with my friends for my birthday. It was my 'big gift' " I said laughing.

"Oh, happy birthday!"

"Thanks! Well it was nice meeting you. Thank you for saving my bag, I would've gotten killed if I lost it, haha."

"No problem, anything for a beautiful girl like you. Maybe you should call me sometime? I'll be in New York for a while."

"Sure!" I wrote my number on a napkin and gave it to him and he did the same.

"See you sometime this week, lovely." He said winking and walking away.

I walked back to my seats with the napkin in my hand, smiling.

"Why are you so smiley?" Kerry asked.

"Just because." I said with a smirk.

It was so weird. I felt like I had seen him somewhere before. Eh, he probably just has a familiar face.