Part 5

*Batman POV*
I walked the streets of Gotham, I was searching for crime when I heard a soft cry from a nearby alley.

I walked into the alley seeing the shaking form of (Y/n), as I approached her I noticed the fact she was covered in blood.

She looked me in the eyes and I noticed the severe lack of emotion, I read her file, she used to be brilliant. She turned away from me and ran down the alley, probably to go find Nygma, I'd chase after her but she really hasn't done anything.

I open her file and reread it, she was very intelligent at one point, thinking back to the one I saw just awhile ago. The female I saw before wasn't (Y/n), it was an emotionless husk well almost emotionless.

*(Y/n's) POV*

"Edward! I'm back!" I ran up to the man who seemed to be working on a riddle, I reached over to hug him but he slapped my hand away. "Why are you covered in blood?" I puffed my cheeks out. "Well, Eddie.. I kinda got into a brawl with a mugger, he tried to hurt me." Edward looked at me for a moment before telling me to go clean up.

While I was in the shower, I saw a flash and blanked out. I heard a voice calling for me, I saw a familiar face. The face was smiling softly and trying to get me to follow it but then it was gone and I was back in the shower.

I got dressed in some new clothes and walked over to Edward. "I love you, Edward." He just nodded in return, he only says he loves me back during certain times. I went over to a corner and sat down, when I heard a knock on the door.

I open it up only to find nothing, I get annoyed and walk out onto the street then, a bag is over my head and someone's carrying me.

*??? POV*

"This will surely make the boss happy"

——————
Authors note: so I updated for the first time in almost two years or something. who's the mystery man? Should I add another romance in? If you want me to continue please vote for the story, it really motivates me.