Echo Park

During the way, I could observe some details from this beautiful city. But the driver interrupted me.
-We are arrived! –the driver tells me.
-Oh, okay. How much is it? –I ask him.
I just have 70 dollars in cash. I wait isn't more than 70 dollars because only have that in cash.
-It's 85 dollars. –he tells me. I'm fucked up.
-But I just have 70 in cash. –I'm really fucked up.
-Girl, it's 85. –he tells me again.– Look, as I told you before, I just have 70 in cash, now. I'm new at this city. I'm from Spain. Please. I'm arrived today from my country and still I don't know where it's my new house, so please.– I begged him, please God, help me.
-No deal– he finally tells me.– Look, this is my only job. I can't work in another job, I have to feed my children, so it's 85.– He insists.
I'm really in tears. I don't know what can I do. I can't ask for help because I'm new at this city and I don't know what can I do right now. I'm praying to God for He helps me. Neither I can get out of the car because I have to pay to the driver with money that  I haven't.
Officially we are arguing. I don't know what I do. We're screaming, arguing for money. 85 fucking dollars in cash.
-I TOLD YOU BEFORE I JUST HAVE 70 DOLLARS IN CASH, BUT I CAN GO TO THE BANK AND GIVE YOU THE 15 MISSING!!! WHAT YOU CAN'T UNDERSTAND?!– I scream him.
–DON'T SCREAM ME. DO YOU UNDERSTAND ME?! I GO TO CALL THE COPS!– It threatens me.
-No please no –A tear runs down my face.
A young who was walking has noticed and comes to the car. He is tall and thin. He has some tattoos on the face and his arms. I love his blonde hair. He looks a good boy.
-What's up man? –He asks to the driver.
-THIS GIRL DON'T WANT PAY ME. SHE SAID SHE HAD JUST 70 DOLLARS AND THE TRIP COSTS 85.–He scream.
-Chill, I can pay her trip.–He said quietly to the driver.
I was stupefied, amazed.
-Okay, thanks guy. –The driver told him.–Can you help her with her luggage? I want her out of my car right now.–The man told him too.

The guy helps me with my luggage. He is taller than me. I can observe he's thin, but strong, because he can helps me with my three heavy suitcases.
-Thanks guy –I told him.
-Oh, no problem :) –He smiles me with the biggest smiles I saw in my life. His teeth are as whites as snow.
I smile him too with my shy smile.
-And, what's your name?
-I'm Loren, and your name?
-My name is Gustav, but the people call me only Gus.
-Oh, nice to meet you Gus –I smile him.
-Nice to meet you too, Loren –He smile me.

We sit on top of the suitcases so we don't sit on the floor. He lit a cigarette and took a drag. After that, he began ask me questions of my past life and what am I doing here.
-So, are you from LA or another State?
-No, I'm from Spain. I came here for begin a new life.
-Oh, and can I ask you why do you want begin a new life here?
-Yeah, I got tired of living in a fake reality with fake people and fake friends. I knew the shit of all them and I didn't like it.
-Oh, yeah. The falsehood is disgusting.
-Yeah, and that's why I'm here. In my favorite city in the world. –I smiled with a big smile.
-Here there are a lot of falsehood too.
-Oh, well. I have to find my new house. Can you help me?
-Yes, of course. Welcome to Echo Park! –He raised his arms with joy.

We talked about the neighborhood and apparently he knows it well. He lives here since a few months ago. He is helping me find my house. Now we are walking on the streets of Echo Park.
-This is really beautiful. –I tell.
-Yeah. –He answer me.

A few minutes later of our ride in the streets, we stop in front of a house.
I believe it's my new house here. In it I wait live good moments and a better life than in Mallorca.

-This is the address you got me before.
-Oh, thank you Gus.
-No problem. Do you want I help you with your luggage?
-If you can, yes please. Thank you so much.

We approach to the door.
*knock knock*
A man opens the door to us.
-Hi!
-Hi, I'm Loren. –I smile.
-Oh, yes! The Spanish girl that she comes to USA to live a new life hahaha –he jokes. -So here are the keys of the house! I hope you like it the house and remember, I'll come to collect the rents every month!
-Hahahah I'll remember it! See you soon.
-Bye, see you soon.

After that, the house's owner was disappear. Now Gus and I are entering the house and he's helping me with my luggage to put it into the house.
Later, I was thinking invite him to eat to a restaurant because he helped me today a lot.

-Gus. –I call him.
-Hmm –He answer me with his voice hoarsely.
-I'll invite you to eat with me in a restaurant. I want it to thank you your help to me today.
-But today I can't. I have plans for the rest of the day. Maybe tomorrow I can pass the day with you :) –He explain me with his cute face and to finish, he smile me.
-Okay. Goodbye and see you tomorrow! –I smile to him.
-Yeah baby, see you tomorrow ;)

........................................................................
*Gus's point of view*
I don't know why I helped her. I don't know why I helped her to find her house. I don't know why I have approached to her. I don't know why, but I have done.
I don't regret what I have done, but normally I don't approach to new people to not have to regret anything then later. You understand me. But in this case, I have done. I saw her very scared. I felt sorry to her and I decided help her.
The best of all of this is I don't regret helped to her.
I feel good of was helped her.
Tomorrow I'll pick her up at her house and she told me before (when I was at her house) she will invite me to eat at a restaurant.
I finis arrive to my house. I live with some friends.I believe they are moving to another house (I don't know why).But they aren't here now, so I have the all house to only me
hahaha. I'll take a Xanax and I'll go to sleep.
If you don't know it, I have depression and the Xanax helps me sleep chilling all night long.

........................................................................
*Loren's point of view*
Gus is gone and he forgot give me his phone number for talk with him of the hour to we will meet tomorrow to go to the restaurant. I wait he will come to my house because I don't know where he lives.
Today was been a long day, but finally was end good. I was met Gus, he helped me with all day long and I believe we could be good friends.
I took a long nap (all afternoon) and now it's 9 pm. I haven't food to dinner and I'm hungry, but supermarkets are closed now and I can't do nothing now, so I'll go to sleep again until tomorrow.