Midtown High of Science and Technology

(btw this is your outfit)

    School was a mess. I kept rehearsing what I was going to say over and over and over. Not paying any attention at all. When lunch finally came along. I sat with Peter and his friend Ned. I rehearsed It one more time till Peter decided to say something.

    “So we still on for three?” He asked quizzically.

    “Yes of course.” I said picking at my food. Ned looked between me and Peter and smiled.

    “So, are you two going on a date or something?” Ned said smirking. Peter was so shocked he fell off the bench. Me and ned started laughing our butts off. He got back up and glared at him.

    “Ned this is serious, not a joke.” He said his jaw locked. Ned just sat there wide eyed.

    “Peter I think you scared him.” I said giggling. Peter then relaxed and smiled at his frightened friend. I stopped laughing and just stared at Peter and Ned. They were having a silent conversation with their eyes. I watched curiously, as they stopped. And Ned stared at me. I just tilted my head as he continued to stare. He then realized something, he looked at Peter and said “Oh. She doesn't know…?” He said eyeing me suspiciously.

    “I don't know what?” I said looking at Ned.

    “Oh. Peter I thought you told her!” Ned said turning to Peter.

    “Ned! You weren't supposed to mention it!” He said through clenched teeth.

What was he hiding? I told him my secret, why isn't he telling me his? I looked at him with curiosity in my eyes.

    “Peter? What are you hiding? You can trust me.” I said looking at him

    “I wanted to tell you but…...come with me.” He said getting up and grabbing my hand. He led me into our science classroom. It was empty (everyone was at lunch.)

    “Peter? What are we doing here?” he turned around and looked at me, deep in thought.

    “Payton, Do you trust me?” He said dead serious.

    “Um yes Aladdin... Peter your starting to freak me out..” I said with a nervous laugh.

    “Ok then. Close your eyes.” He said letting go of my hand. I did and I waited till he told me to open them.

    “Ok, don't freak out. But open your eyes.” he said. I opened my eyes to find them looking straight into peter's, except...upside down? I looked up and saw him standing on the ceiling.

    “OH MY GOD. Peter? How….when….WHAT?!” he just rolled his eyes and crossed his arms.

    “I told you not to freak out.” He mumbled. “It happened about 7 months ago. I went on a field trip and I was bit by a radioactive spider. I didn't know I had these powers until a couple days later. But I haven't told anyone except you. Ned figured out on accident.” He looked at me and waited. I put all the pieces together, and when I figured it out my eyes widened and Peter smiled.