One week later

Third POV

Xavier was sitting at the entrance of the blacksmith ushering children of the village over, to tell the story of The Princess and the Alchemist.
" Gather around children, for I have a tale for you which tells of a girl and boy, who were separated by fates wicked design. As you all know we have two princesses, but this tale is about princess Jade. Jade grew up in Old Carona where she met a young alchemist named Varian. The two grew up together and as they did, their love grew stronger. But when tragedy struck Varian's father Varian distanced himself from the young princess to keep her safe. But this didn't deter the wilful princess and she refused to abandon her best friend. Varian turned vengeful towards the kingdom of Carona and when he needed to be stopped the two were separated. Now Varian resides in a dungeon cell"
A little girl raised her hand and asked " what happened to the princess?"
" no body has Seen the princes for a week"

Jade POV

Dear diary,
It has been a week since Varian was taken from me and I'm afraid my sanity is beginning to break. I keep having nightmares of that night and the pitiful look Varian gave me before he was taken. I'm not going to sit around and wait anymore.

I walk over to my vanity and take a small dagger from the top drawer. I gather my hair in a ponytail and cut just above the hair band. My, once long, hair now reaches just below my shoulders and my fringe fully engulfs my right eye. I look over at the purple lab coat draped on my bed, debating my next move. Walking over to it, I swipe it up from the bed and drape it over my shoulders like a cape. I wander out onto my balcony and look over the kingdom with a sense of sadness. I think of both Eugene and Cassandra; not wanting to betray them. With a deep breath, I glide my arms through the sleeves of the coat. I walk back to my desk.

I'm ready to confront the king; ready as I'll ever be.