Chapter 7

Jace's pov

A few days later after Chris told me what had happened to him, he began training as usual. I walked by with a cup of his coffee in one hand and a clipboard of their progress in the other. "How are things going so far?", he turned his head around, "Things are going smoothly as usual, waking up a bit more early to get even more tougher training, their your bodyguards after all and they need to learn to be ready to fight at any moment". I nodded and gave him his cup, he took it like a kid getting a small surprise.

I don't judge nor blame him, he never got a proper childhood to begin with.

About an hour passed and everyone was on break. I was talking to one of Chris's guys, I believe they call him Snake? We were talking about their roles and what they were good at.

Chris is their leader, he brought them together, he trained them, so he earned the title of leader. Snake carries weapons on him all the time and carries a gas mask around with him. Bone used to be a doctor but later on quitted due to some reason, now he helps aid the gang and loves his job. There are many others that have a lot of roles, there are some that murder, rob, or do both. Snake is telling me that they seemed to be ready to be taking parkour up to the rooftops, on buildings, skyscrapers practically. I'm kinda glad I'm not in their shoes, otherwise I'll be terrified.

Chris later on walked in with a clipboard in hand, he set it aside for a while to talk to us. A while later, break time was over and everyone had to return training.

"Welp, breaks over, gotta head back to my station now", Snake was about to say something else when there was a gunshot. Everyone one stayed still until Snake fell to the floor bleeding. I was about to get out not wasting a second but Chris seemed to be nailed to the ground. I had to grab him by the wrist so we can get out of there. He winced, realizing I grabbed him by the wrist where he used to cut.

A series of gunshots followed us until we were behind a wall in a different room. I payed no attention to Chris for the meantime to make sure the don't find us. I poked my head to the side trying to get a peek, and then the gang started shooting them along side with my men.

I heard something behind me so I looked back at Chris to see he was tying a bandanna around his leg. It only took me a second to realize he's been shot in the leg. "Shit", I crouch back down again to see if he had it under control which he did but he wasn't in control of himself. I saw him smile, his facial expression showed bloodlust. He got up limping but quickly recovered, walking to the side of the wall he got ready to make a leap.

He started running toward Snake's corpse and grabbing the bag digging through it quickly getting out a gun and an axe. He was a good shot, a man then went towards him but was caught and being held in a chokehold position now with the axe to his neck. He shot the ceiling several times, "Yo! Bags of shit! Look over here!", he got their attention very quickly.

"If ya want me to spare his life, guns down", they did as he said. My men and the gang went to them to tie them up. I got up and walked towards Chris, "You good?" "Adrenaline is pumping and if they don't follow my commands, this guy will lose his head". He looked at the guy who was basically looking at me to stop him from doing it. "Their tied!", I heard Dean say, "Jace" "Hm?" "You should go to your men, just incase things get ugly". I knew he wasn't hesitant, he was never hesitant when it came to killing. It was way too obvious that he was going to kill this guy if they don't do as he says.

I walk over to my men and waited for Chris to speak. "Okay, so who's the basterd that decided it would be a good idea to shoot us?", King lifted up a guy to talk. "We were sent here to bring Chris Henderson back", everyone was looking at each other wondering how the hell he knew his name. "And you need him for?" "Testing out certain reactions", Chris nodded, "You want to see a certain reaction? This is my reaction to this bullshit". He pushed the guy to the floor and raised up the axe cutting his head right off. The guy was shocked to see such a swift kill, "Imma let you all go, do something like that again, and I won't hesitate to find every single one of you and have your head chopped off".

He signaled the gang to escort them outside, I was still a bit shaky of what I just experienced. I wanted to see if Chris was ok so I started walking up to him. Before I could reach him he shook his head while looking at the floor and pierced the floor with the axe. I stopped dead in my tracks, he was pissed. He turned his back to us and looked up tapping his foot repeatedly. He started walking to Snake's corpse and crouched down. I was about to walk up to him again when I felt a hand on my shoulder, I turned around to see Dean.

"Jace, I know you want to see if he's good but, not right now, give him some space and time", I already knew he needed it but I still wanted to make sure.

I got to get a custodian now to clean up the blood and someone to discard the body.