Chapter 3

(CarRene92)

Aspen's POV

*beep beep beep*

I wake up and look around, I see a bright light and then I feel my hand being rubbed "Fern?" she jumps at the sound of my voice.

"Oh baby stay still, your still pretty hurt." she lightly pulls my hair back out of my eyes."I wish I would have let you stay home today." She starts crying and leans over the bed, Cal comes into the room and sees I'm awake and falls to his knees and grabs my hand.

"Hey Aspen, how ya feeling?" I look around and I see my legs and the scars of years of anxiety and depression.

"I'm okay Cal just ... umm... a lot of pain, did they see my legs?" my eyes heavy with tears.

"Yes they asked if I knew about them, and I said that I had no clue, how could you do that...?"

I try to turn over in my bed but instead scream in pain "Ouch!!! what happened to me?" as I ask the doctor walks in and says "Hello Aspen Adams, and you are?" he looks at Cal

"Hello sir I am Calvin Adams, her brother." Cal said with his charming smile "How about you young lady?" and looks at Fern "Fern Gilbert friend."

"Well I would like to say that internally, everything looks great, other than the fractured rib. Aspen's eyes will heal fine and she did not break her nose, however she has a small cut above her eye that will need stitches then you are free to go."

Just as he walks out of the room the nurse comes in and tends to my eye.

Cal helps me into the chair, then we head out to the car. "Aspen, you aren't relapsing are you?" he asks. I can feel his eyes burning through my back as he stares at me. "No Cal it helps me clear my mind after a long day at school." I say as I shrug my shoulders.

"I still don't get it! You have to stop it, do you hear me Azzy!"I can feel the pain in his voice

"You wouldn't understand, this way I have control of the things I feel inside..." at this point I'm shaking with pain. He gets me into the car and we drive off "Baby can we stop and eat at that Thai food place at the mall." Fern asks

"Yeah Ferny" he says as he tickles her inner thigh. I can't help but be jealous of their relationship. "Can I have my phone?" Fern pulls it from her purse and I text Chantellle and invite her to the Thai food place.

We come to a screeching stop, we all get out and go into the mall. Chantelle is waiting by the entrance and runs over to help me into the place. She grabs my hand and I tell her that I want to go to the bathroom.

Cal orders food while we head to the bathroom. "How are you feeling Aspen ?" she looks me up and down. " I'm doing okay but my ribs are on fire..." I look in the mirror and shiver at the way I look my left eye is swollen shut and my right eye is black and blue plus long brown hair with blonde tips is in knots. I lift my shirt up and see the deep bruise.

*bathroom door swings open*

Mia Clare walks in with Lola Winter, and looks at me as I fling my shirt down.

"Well well well, what do we have here..." Mia chuckles as Lola gives Chantelle the stink eye.

"Looks as though the girls never learn Mia maybe we should teach them." she says in the back ground I hear Chantelle texting really fast.

Mia walks over to the door to lock it and it flies open with so much force that it knocks her over hitting her in the forehead. In runs the red headed Fern, "What the hell do you girls think you were about to do." she says as she kicks Lola's heel causing her to fall to the ground.

"Come on girls" she gently pulls us out of the bathroom. I catch a glimpse of Mia. She has a large knot forming in the middle of her forehead.

The person at the food court is saying Cal's name over the intercom for awhile, Fern goes up and gets the food. Cal is nowhere in sight, "Thank you Chantelle, for taking care of the situation." Fern says and pats her on the back.

We eat the food up and save Cal some of the food and go to look around. We walk into Hot topic and Chantelle and I get matching cry baby necklaces. Then Fern brings me into a dress shop, she grabs a hopeful yellow dress out with flowers and says "Try it on it's the perfect color, It complements your ice blue eyes."

I go into the dressing room and took into the mirror, I put my knotted hair into a high pony tail and undress.

I grab the dress and slip it over my arms and down my body. It fits so lovely and the red roses on the dress make me feel happy.

I walk out of the dressing room and smile a true smile. "Oh my gawd Aspen give me a twirl!" Fern says and I twirl but a little to fast because she has to grab my waist and stop me from falling.

We buy the dress and then head up to the next level. When we reach the top, we head into a shoe store and I get a pair of brown leather knee highs and watch Fern and Chantelle try on some new shoes.

They decide after getting there shoes that they are going to head to the next shop but I'm far to tired so I say "I'll wait for y'all out here have fun" they look at each other and shrug and walk into the next store.

I go to look at my phone and hear a lot of commotion coming from down stairs.

I walk to the rail and I see Jason Xeel and he is beating up on someone and then I see Cal run over and kick Jason off of the person.

Jason springs up like a wild animal and starts beating on Cal. Cal fights back ,of course. The other boy who was beaten is helped up by to little girls who seem to be twins. As he gets up, I see his face. Its the boy who saved me.

He pulled Jason off of Cal and Cal got up and grabbed one of the small girls hands as the other boy does the same and they run off.

As I though the day couldn't get any weirder, the boy whom's name I do not know looks up to where I am and smiles...