Chapter 29

The day had come. Graduation day, that is Grayson's Graduation. This was the last weekend he would have at Duke until the whole draft process truly began. He was really proud of himself. He had a pretty successful career at Duke both on and off the court. He was graduating from a very prestigious university. He had a real degree.

    He knew that if the basketball career he had planned didn't pan out to what he expected, he would have something to fall back on. He actually wanted to be a coach, but if that didn't work out either; he would have this degree that he rightfully earned. People could attack him all they wanted, but they couldn't say he was dumb.

    Besides the whole graduation thing, he was very excited to see Emerson. They haven't physically been together since florida, so they both needed this time together. He had seen his parents last night when they got in, so he would have a few hours to just be with her one last time in his apartment.

    There was a knock on the door, and unsurprisingly Emerson stood on the other end. When Grayson opened the door, both of their smiles grew. He quickly pulled her inside and pinned her against the door. He started kissing her passionately. He never grew sick of the feeling he felt with her, pure love. In between kisses he asked, "How was your flight?"

    She broke the kiss off and looked in his eyes, "good, but we can leave the talking for after"

    He moaned in response, "gosh I love you", and picked up where he left off. He put his hands on her legs motioning for her to jump, when she did he walked them into his room to really greet each other due to the long time apart.

    After awhile, the pair were still laying in Grayson's bed. Except now, she had Gray's shirt on, and he had his shorts on. Her head rested on his stomach as she played with his hand.

    "So how does it feel to be almost graduated?"

    Grayson smiled, "amazing, especially after those last finals i just took. I'm glad I stayed to finish my degree, and to learn for from coach"

"I'm glad you stayed too, if not who knows if we would have ever met."

"I wouldn't be complete"

***
    A few hours later, Grayson was seated with his fellow classmates in the black robes they are all given. He decided to wear his national championship ring as well. The entire team is here, as promised, to cheer him on. Emerson is talking with the boys before the ceremony starts. They are all so excited to see each other and be together, that they are talking over each other.

    After what feels like forever, Grayson's name is called. Emerson has a tear in her eye, but stands up and shouts along with Grayson's parents, Coach K, and his teammates. Since he is also a celebrity per se among the school, he gets cheers from other places as well, but it doesn't compare to their area.

    After Grayson walks off the stage, he points to the stand where the group is sitting before taking his seat.

    Following the ceremony Grayson is demanded for many pictures from fans, as well as sherry for everyone who came to the graduation for him. Although, he doesn't usually love pictures, he seems to be actually smiling because he is happy, not because he has too. Grayson and Emerson take many pictures, but her favorite is the one where he is the dorkiest. Emerson is kissing his cheek and Grayson is smiling the dorkiest (but cutest) smile.

    The boys pose with Grayson using there "serious" faces, until Sherry yells at them to smile. Finally, they do a family picture with Grayson and his parents, his parents then motion for Emerson to join, and the final picture is of everyone who is here to support Grayson.