Chapter 17

"Because you look at me,  as though ‎I'm beautiful, could it be that you want me,  I never dreamed ‎someone like you could
want  someone like me"
                    -Katie Irving

All the employees were busy preparing for the coming annual foundation party. "Are you coming, Chelsea?"

"I don't know yet, we haven't talked about it. How about you? Are you bringing Lester?"

"Yes, of course. We're planning to get married by June. Do you think Trey will agree to be one of our sponsors? And of course, you'll be my maid of honor and if possible, Agatha, as flower girl?"

"Wow, is that a package deal? I'll tell Trey. I don't think he will turn down my best friend. Agie will be excited."

Trey came from behind them, "What are you two whispering about? Hope it's not me again. I'll have both of you fired." The three of them laughed.

Chelsea followed him to his room. "How's your meeting?"

Trey just looked at her."Is that how you welcome me, Mrs. Paraiso?"

"Please behave, boss. Or I'll walk out of here," She teased him.

"They are talking about the party. Are we joining? They invited Agie."

"I don't know. You should be there. You're EVP. You can't turn them down."

"Then being my ES, you have to be there. After office, let's shop for our attire."

"I don't need it. I still have a lot of dress to choose from."

Trey diverted the topic. "What are you, girls, talking before I came?"

"Lorrie is getting married in June, she asked if you can be one of the sponsors, me as maid of honor and Agie as flower girl?"

He laughed. "And what did you say?"

"I said yes. We can't say no to my best friend."

Two days before the annual party, three packages arrived at Trey's condominium addressed to Mr.&Mrs. Trey Paraiso. Chelsea received and signed for them.

"Boss, packages arrived addressed to Mr.&Mrs. Trey Paraiso. Want me to open them or will I wait for you?"

"Alright, will wait for you at dinnertime? You take care. Miss you!"

"Hope you'll show me later how much you missed me."

"I can't wait."

 "Don't lead me on something you can't stand up for."

"Am I that kind of secretary, boss?" she purred. A voice came from the background, "Mommy, is that daddy?"

"Yes, baby, he said he misses us?"

"Please tell him to come home now. I'm getting hungry."

"You heard the big boss."

 "Alright, I'll be home soon. Bye!"

Later after dinner, each of them opened their packages.

"This is too beautiful for me. I cannot wear this." Chelsea protested.  The packages contained their attires for the annual party.

"Don't you realize this is my first present for you since you became my girl? I'm so hurt."

Put like that how could Chelsea resist. "Alright. I'll wear it if that is what you want. Thank you, boss!" Then she gave him his reward. She kissed him with all the passion she could muster.

"How beautiful you are, my executive secretary? You will be the belle of the ball!"

The annual ball night came.  Trey was wearing a cream and white coat and pants with black tie. Agatha wore a cream colored puffed sleeve dress. Chelsea arranged Agie's hair into braids and tresses.  Very angelic. Chelsea wore an off shoulder cream colored gown which was hugging her body showing the necessary curves.  Trey gifted her with a simple gold chain with a diamond hearts-shaped pendant to adorn her neck.

"You're so beautiful, Mrs. Paraiso. Maybe we can beg off and just stay here. I can't share you with anybody."

"Boss, our daughter is excited about this ball." She lovingly retorted.

"I'm just teasing you. I have prepared a speech."

"Why didn't I know of this speech? You did not ask me to proofread it?  What is it about?"

"You will know later, Mrs. Paraiso. Shall we go now?"

In the ballroom,  the most awaited couple with their daughter arrived. They looked splendid. However, their seats were separated depending on organization stature. But Agatha preferred to stay with Chelsea.

In the middle of the programme, the emcee announced, "We would like to welcome our Executive Vice President, Mr. Terrence "Trey"  Paraiso, to deliver a special speech. He specifically requested this."  The remark brought guffaws from the crowd.

"Good evening everyone! I am happy to see that you are enjoying our party. This is my first annual party. And because of this, I am taking this opportunity to share with you my thoughts and feelings. When my wife died, I never thought that I would have a second chance at happiness. Until I saw this woman. She walked in in the room not aware that my eyes were on her, not leaving her.  I took all the opportunities to have her on my side. It wasn't easy because she could be stubborn most of the times but never when Agatha was around." All eyes are focusing on Chelsea's direction who was blushing now.

Trey continued, "When she said yes, I was the happiest man in this planet. She taught me how to laugh and love again. She treated my daughter like her own. I love her so much. I would like to announce to you and the whole world that I love the most beautiful woman here tonight. Chelsea Saavedra, my executive secretary, could you please join me here."

The spotlight was on Chelsea now. She was on the brink of tears. Slowly she made her way to the stage, holding Agatha, amidst the claps and whistles.

When she was beside Trey, he reached for his pocket for a small case. Everybody including Chelsea was surprised. He knelt on one knee, "Ms Chelsea Saavedra, please marry me, be not only my executive secretary but also my wife and mother to Agie?"

Chelsea could not find any words to tell this man how much she loved him and Agatha. She could merely look at him with so much love.

Then Agatha tugged at her " Mommy, daddy is asking you a question."

Everybody laughed. Chelsea knelt beside Trey, "My dear boss, it is my pleasure to be your wife and mother to our angel. I love you so much, Mr. Terrence Paraiso. Yes, marry me"

Trey put the engagement ring on her finger. Then kissed her passionately. "Daddy stop that, people are watching. Kiss mommy when we get home!" admonished Agatha teasingly.

Everybody laughed again and most of the girls were drying their eyes. "How lucky Chelsea is! She is marrying the most dashing executive the company had ever had." They thought.