welcome TO cali - PART one

Chapter 1

Tara's POV

"IF I DIE NOW, TARA I NEED YOU TO KNOW SOMETHING!"

"BEN, NOW IS MOST DEFINITELY NOT THE TIME FOR THIS!"

"TARA! IM SERIOUS IF I DIE, I AT LEAST HAVE TO KNOW THAT MY LAST WORDS WERE THAT I'M A SEXY BEAST!"

I looked at Ben weirdly. Despite the situation we are in he can still act stupid.

"Guys, I don't know if you have noticed this! but we are falling from 4,000 feet in the air! and mind you, we are falling pretty fast! so I would stop bickering and figure something out if I Were you. I'd prefer not to turn into a Blake pancake!"

I was thinking hard. And I had to think fast. Cause the ground was starting to come into view and I really didn't want to die.

Lightbulb.

"Guys we are gonna have to manually fix the backpacks. But quick. Okay!"

I heard multiple okay's and we all started working. Silently praying that this mission didn't end before i could even get it started.

~Two hours prior~

California.

Fun in the sun. Hot surfer boys. Top secret family safe houses.

Paradise.

But I usually like going here alone. Preferably on vacation. Not on a mission. And with three annoying ass boys.

During Blair and Spencer's wedding, an anonymous source gave us a tip that Damien and Bryce were spotted in central California. And me, trying to be as sneaky as possible, wanted to get out and scope the place alone. Unfortunately, James had other plans. He knew and had arranged for all four of us, (meaning me, Remmington, Blake, and Ben), to have immediate first class flights to Cali, then someone from the agency would pick us up and take us to my family safe house. It was nicely hidden on the border on a hill. And before we left I had cross referenced the last time someone had been there and of they were anywhere near it now. For personal reasons, of course. I couldn't afford any distractions. The consequences were too costly.

All of our plans were going great. Until our flight got cancelled because of some complications with the plane. This was throwing all of us of schedule and it was very aggravating. Ben and I were both making as many calls as we could to all the connections that would be useful, but just about everyone was out of the county. Either on a mission, on vacation, or just plain out of the country for reasons they didn't provide. I was getting deeply aggravated. I felt like we were all getting set up. Because one-by-one, all the flights cancelled due to 'complications'. And we all know that that isn't a mistake. Somebody is obviously trying to Delay us. And my guess would definitely be my dear family members, Bryce and Damien.

I was about to give up until I saw a crew of skydivers walk out of the airport and onto the runway. They were heading for a rather large cargo plane. I didn't think twice, I yelled at the boys to keep up and follow me.

I caught up to the crew people and ran around them so I could stop I'm front of them.

"Hey guys, me and my friends reaaaaly need your help to get to Cali. Do you think you could help us out?"

The leader guy looked me in the eye with a raises eyebrow, "no."

"Okay. Plan b", I whipped out my agency I.D., "as an official FBI agent. I'm telling you that you will bring me and my friends to California."

My I.D had sparked a new interest in the guys eyes, but I wasn't paying much mind to it.

"Well, in that case, how can I refuse."