chapter five

『 🍃 』

『 🍃 』

Osaka, Japan

May 2017

"You are gorgeous." were the words I've read on Seokjin's lips as he faced the bride

The ceremony had already begun, and everything was going as planned. As a witness of Miya's happiness, I could not feel prouder. Sure, life had been quite generous with her already, but her hard work and kind heart had both contributed to what she became. Successful and loved. I found myself thinking of how I could succeed on my own.

For now, studies were my priority but as a sensitive being, it was difficult for me to ignore the feelings I've been developing for Hoseok. And seeing him with this stunning woman made me realize that no matter what, I could not expect to even dream a love life with a disgusting appearance like mine. I guess my mother had her reasons to remind me how fat and unattractive I looked, perhaps she did it for my own good. I mean, how hard would it be to actually lose weight and look more like my siblings?

"You may kiss the bride."

A round of applause echoed, Miya's eyes were filled with tears as Seokjin happily took her by the hand. Mother and Father were as happy as I was, even more according to their tears. On the other hand, Ken and I had a huge smile on. As I shared a knowing smile with my brother, I noticed Hoseok on his right, staring at me as if he was craving for my attention. Effortlessly, he managed to make me grin—to my very own surprise, despite the fact that he choose to hide the existence of his girlfriend from me. Yet, his cocky smirk and bubbly eyes had a power that even I could not resist.

~ ☆ ~

"I can't believe he did this to me, I mean come on!" Jihyo exclaimed, Seokjin's young sister "He was supposed to be here—I feel like I'm going to puke."

Suddenly, Jihyo looked deadly pale and brought her hands to her mouth, preventing herself from throwing up on the bathroom's. Sareun was standing next to her sister, supporting her weight as her legs began to shake, threatening to give out.

"Enter the cubicle behind you!" I said, "I'll go and check if he came."

Soon, I was seeking for Arthur Boyer, a French surgeon and Jihyo's husband. Poor woman was pregnant, so the fact that her husband was missing made her stress. He was probably late, but she couldn't help but imagine the worse, which caused her to throw up for the past hour. And because she was now my sister in law, I had to–at least–show her I cared.

All of sudden, someone tapped on my shoulder. "Hey (y/n), where have you been?"

I was caught off guard when I turned to Yoongi, dressed in a navy suit with a grey necktie on. His eyes expressed nothing but weariness. Naturally, I smiled at him.