chapter twelve

(I'm NEVER getting over red-haired Hobi)

『 🍃 』

Osaka, Japan
September 2017

"Now that you've calmed down, do you want to talk about what happened?"

I sniffed, unable to look Hoseok in the eye. Embarrassment caused me to glance up at the ceiling while nervously scratching my thighs. Surprisingly enough, I could still speak.

"I don't. I want to think of something else. Anything but her."

Sitting next to me, Hoseok pressed my shoulder in a gentle way to express his support. "Fine. But you need to tell me one thing (y/n), for your own good. Was your mother hurting you?"

His question was followed by a long pause. In the meantime, I came to realize it was Hoseok's first time at my house. The current situation was the worst scenario possible, I never thought I'd welcome my boyfriend in such circumstances. I hated my mother even more for that, she was a real pain in the ass without even trying.

"It's not that serious. She hates fat people so..."

The boy sighed. "(Y/n)... Promise me if anything goes wrong, you'll tell me?"

Truth was I really wanted to be honest. My genuine feelings had been hidden for so long. No one actually knew she'd treat me like rubbish. I wasn't scared that people wouldn't trust my words.

I was just ashamed.

Ashamed to have such a bad mother. Ashamed of her abusive persona. Ashamed of her shallowness. Ashamed of her incapacity to love me.

That woman downstairs—probably crying and blaming me right now—was the most toxic person in my life. I wanted to get rid of her, but I'd have to lose my siblings and my father in the process.

"I promise." I lied, unable to voice my deep thoughts. "She's nothing I can't handle."

The smile on my face came a bit forced but I didn't care at this point. Now that Hoseok was there, I did feel better.

"I'm happy to see you." He spoke. He lifted his right hand to my chin and gently forced me to look at him. "I missed you, a lot."

I still couldn't believe how sweet he was to me, but nor did I hate it.

"Me too!" I said with too much enthusiasm.

Hoseok chuckled before giving me a peck on the lips. However, a sudden rush of adrenaline allowed me to seal our lips, this time in a passionate kiss. It felt so nice. We hadn't shared a kiss since the first one. I've been dying to relive the moment. Thus, my bold action.