chapter eleven

~ Hoseok's point of view ~

『 🍃 』

Seoul, South Korea
August 2017

Focus Hoseok, focus.

"So? Anything new?" Daya's high pitched voice brought me back to reality "I'm asking for the fourth time."

I tried not to sigh. "Sorry, daydreaming. Nothing new. I guess I'll have to go back."

"Indeed you will!" spat Mr. Bom "We cannot afford losing that partnership. The Memento company is our biggest ally."

"Right, I'm on it. When should I leave?"

"I'll call Mr. Sakata. In the meantime, pack your bags. You'll leave as soon as possible."

I thanked my boss and stood up. However, his stern voice called my name as I walked to the door.

"Daya's coming with you."

~ ☆ ~

"I'm so excited!" (Y/n) exclaimed. I smiled to myself, picturing the corners of her mouth moving up at the thought of seeing me. It made my heart flutter. "I'll have to attend school but surely, we'll find a way to meet."

"Of course we will. You're the reason why I've accepted the mission. Well, the main reason."

"Stop it. It's your job." Again, I could see her blushing.

"Still, I miss you."

There was a short pause before she cleared her throat.

"Miss you too, although we've met the day before yesterday."

I couldn't help but laugh. "It's a long-lost memory now."

"Wow. You're not being dramatic at all." She giggled.

Laying on the couch, I placed my phone on the coffee table and put the call on speaker. Hearing her voice felt like heaven after an exhausting day at work. I got used to see her when she was in Gwacheon, but she'd left yesterday with Jin and her siblings.

Once again, I was left alone. I had friends in Seoul, but we weren't that close. We'd go for drinks here and there, once, or twice a month. There was Yoongi in Gwacheon, but his job kept him busy as well. We couldn't afford to meet that much, which left me no choice but to remain alone in a flat which was too big for one man only.

Whenever I spoke with (Y/n), the built-up loneliness would simply vanish. She made it more bearable for me to live in Seoul by myself, which was ironic considering I wished for nothing more than to have her by my side twenty-four seven.