Chapter 6

Piper's P.O.V (during the timing of the previous chapter)

"No!!!!" I shout helplessly as Newt's arms wrap around my body, stopping me from going into the maze. I turn around and slash at him.
"Let go of me!" His arms constrict, pulling me a little closer to him.
His amber eyes blade and there are tears rimmed in them. As the grinding stops, I give in and let Newt pull me towards him.
He softly strokes my hair and speaks into my forehead as I sob loudly into his warm chest.
"It's okay. It'll be alright it's okay." I take in a shuddering breath.
"It's not okay! They're gone, Newt! Gone!" He kisses my forehead lightly. I need him right now.
"They'll be okay. It's alright." I look up and into his eyes. They prove to me that he doesn't believe his words.
A hot tear drips down my cheek, but it isn't mine, it's his.
"What do you need? I can't have you like this, it kills me." I want to lie, but instead the truth croaks out of my lips.
"You." He gives a shy smile and pulls away, without letting go of my hand.
"C'mon." I follow him over to a tree by the orchard. I was not willing to go to our spot in the woods without them.
He sits down and pulls me onto his lap. I curl up, put my head on his shoulder, and stare into his endless amber eyes. One hand rests at my knee, the other at the small of my back.
I let a tear slip out of my eye and onto his broad shoulder. His hand leaves my knee and moves up to wipe another tear away.
I shiver as his hand lingers, sending electricity through my body. He pulls my face up to his and kisses me softly.
When he pulls back, he smiles apologetically and turns away. I, in turn, turn his face towards me.
"Sorry." He shyly blushes. I shake my head, smiling.
"I'd be sorry if you didn't." I press my lips to his and then stat a line down to his jaw. He pulls away and I blush furiously.
"No it's not that," I relax a little. "I'm just wondering, why me when you have better options? And since when? I laugh slightly.
"Better options? Nobody can beat you. You're perfect to me. And I don't know how long. Always, I guess. I just finally became positive when,"
I hesitate and he looks at me expectantly.
"When what?" I look into his amber eyes, still shining with tears.
"When you told me you felt the same." Suddenly, he pulls away a bit, moving his face away, which had been inches from mine.
"What? You were asleep!" I laugh and shake my head.
"No. I wasn't. And I'm glad for that." He pulls me into his chest and we fall asleep just like that.