2

Carrie

I sat tiresomely in my hospital room . I was going to be here for a while . Just until it goes away again . My cancer that is .
I have Leukemia , if you don't what that is it's cancer of the body's blood-forming tissues, including the bone marrow and the lymphatic system.

I had it when I was 5, 16, and now 24 . My mind running blank on ideas or improvements for it .

I was recently diagnosed for it again , I was running a marathon with my friends. When I passed out . I should've noticed the signs but maybe I ignored it . I didn't want to go through this again . I had a lot of things going on my mind at the time .

I started treatments immediately, my mother's wishes . So I been going through some chemotherapy and a lot of blood transfusions. Since it's extremely aggressive this time . My skinned paled , my hair fell out and I began to loose weight . That's just the usual .

I kept a positive mind . It helps me .
My mum entered the room with a sad smile on her face ." Hi beautiful."

I smiled even though I didn't feel it ," Hi mommy ." I pushed myself up in the bed a little wincing at how weak I felt .

"So I bought you something's from your home your boyfriend packed it up for you . Your camera , your notebook , and your MacBook ." She says putting it on my tray stand . Boyfriend.

I almost forgot I had one .

Jared never visited me anymore , apparently it was hard for him to see me like this . Which is understandable, it's hard for my mother to be here on my bad days .

I still needed someone to be with me .

I nodded looking up at my mom who wore a concern look on her face  ,"Thanks ." I smiled grabbing my MacBook opening it up .

" Um honey I talk to the doctor and he says it's helping a little . " she spoke shakily .
That explains the concern look on her face . I didn't need anymore of this bad news .

" I know you don't want to know - "She starts pursing her lips ." Just focus on getting well ." She leaned down peck my cheek .
I stayed silent looking at my MacBook that was sitting on my stand .

" Well I have to go to work , I'll be back tonight ,  I love you ." My mum walked over kissing my cheek before walking out

A couple of tears escaped my eyes and I quickly wiped them away . I'll be fine .

I logged onto my computer going to my email.
As soon as I got on my notifications went off on the side on the screen.
I furrowed my eyebrows at the unknown email address.
I reached for the mouse slowly dragging it over to the notification .
I  clicked on the message ,my eyes softens reading over the email . I realize my face had fell the more I continued to read .
I had to look away from breaking down for a moment. How dare he ?

I reread the email once more but , this time tears began falling down my face .
I looked at the date on my computer, It had been two years since what happened. I felt my heart ache clenching my fist tightly .

Dear Harry ,

You know you don't have the luxury to know how I am . I'm not your best friend now or never will be again . I appreciate if you stay out of my life and stop asking my friends about me . You couldn't handle my life when you were in it . Why would you think you'll be able to handle it now ? Move on .

Carrie