6

Carrie

I fiddled with my fingers sighing heavily , I was waiting for my mother . I just had lab tests done , the doctors should be here any minute now .

I sighed heavily sitting up weakly , I bit my lip nervously looking over at my laptop .

Im sure he responded to me by now . It's been months . He decided to wait years to reach out to me . He decided to spend the day after our break up with other women.

Cheating

He loved it. He loved women, he loved being intimate
with them .

I never gotten any clarification on why he did what he did . I didn't need it , I realized it on my own . Harry was a selfish man . I was simply used by him , among other girls . Other girls who made sure they messaged me to let me know they had sex .

I missed my happy memories with him , I was only in love with the memories.

I opened the laptop and of course seeing a notification. I clicked on it and read it , his words didn't have no affect on me . The time has passed . I'm not desperate. I'm not desperate to have him in my life anymore.

I sighed debating if I should give him the luxury to respond. I didn't .

Like I said the time had passed and I wasn't going back .

I closed the laptop placing it back on my side table .

I looked over at the sound of the door opening , my mother and the doctors trailed behind.

My mother's eyes were red , her petite frame looked so tiny next to the doctors . She looked stressed . I pursed my lips bracing myself for the news .

The first doctor smiled faintly,"Carrie.. I want you to know after multiple imaging . We could only notice that your cancer is certainly spreading . Unfortunately it spread to one vital organ . Your liver and it's nothing we can't treat ."

I sucked in a sharp breath trying to stay strong .

The second doctor started talking ," Your treatments would be 12 weeks of the Stanford V protocol, a combination of the drugs mechlorethamine, doxorubicin, vinblastine, vincristine, bleomycin, etoposide, and prednisone, followed by radiation."

I cringed harshly at the sound of all the things he listed . Those harsh medicines didn't seem to good going into my body .

The first doctor looked me over intently, "I know it's a lot to taken in .. or you could possibly do six or more cycles of ABVD, a chemotherapy regimen that includes the drugs doxorubicin, bleomycin, vinblastine, and dacarbazine."

The room went quietly pursing my lips. "How long would I have to live if I don't receive any treatment." I asked shakily
That question had been on my mind for a while. Even though I'm not suicidal making that an option will be.  

Both of the doctors looked at each other as if they were speaking telepathically.

"6 months to a year, you would be in pain . Your organs will be shutting down " The second doctor said quietly.

I nodded slowly ,"Okay. "

My mother had a pained expression on her face as she shook her head . "That's not an option Carrie." She breathed out .

I sighed weakly ,"I know." I didn't look over at my mother , I could only imagine is she felt when I asked that .

The second doctor nodded ,"We are starting your treatments tomorrow. I know you may feel overwhelmed. It will get better " He advises calmly before he left the room . The other doctor following behind .

My mother went to me rubbing my .
arm before giving me a tight hug . I closed my eyes tightly hugging her tightly .

****