5

Harry

Months went by , maybe two or three ? Since I heard from her . Since I had a email , I know her emails aren't the kindest . As long as she's talking to me I'm more than happy . That means something . Maybe she'll even talk to me face to face . I can finally explain myself , and what influenced my actions . I'm sure she know that by now .

I sat up slowly looking over at my laptop that was placed on my pillow next to me . I rubbed the mouse seeing the screen light up -no reply's to my email. I felt my heart began to throb in my chest. I ruined something so good so so good . It would never be the same . I would never forgive myself .

I couldn't express that enough .

Life goes on an I have a job . Meaning I have to work Yay. It's hard for me to leave the bed yet alone my apartment. A part of that is because I grew extremely depressed. As of anyone who experienced a bad break up . Soon your anger will pass and it leaves you with deep grief .

I mustered up all the energy I had to get off the bed an showered . I worked for a law firm , it's my family's business. My fathers to be particular. I had my doubts at first , it was a good job . The atmosphere is kind and they let me take time off to adjust after the break up .

That was two years ago and I'm still adjusting .

The firm is about twenty minutes from my apartment by car , thirty minutes for public transportation , and two hours if I walked . I didn't mind walking , I feel that I live in a very scenic area . I felt that was a way for me to clear my mind .

I stepped into the law firm and the secretary immediately stopped me ,

"Harry." She called smiling sitting up in her seat .
I looked at her with a forced smile

"Yes Valerie ?" I asked as her eyes gazed into my own .
"Well the Christmas Party is next week and following that New Years party in the hotel ....." She rambled seeing her cheeks heat up .

After Carrie broke up with me , that night I slept with Valerie . Instead of chasing Carrie I went for something easier . Valerie was so much easier . So was Elizabeth , Samatha , Carly , Jessica, and Vanessa .

I continued to let Carrie slip from my grasp . Day by day . I ignored her . I ignored she even existed because I was afraid to face my own demons .

"...I was wondering if you would like to um , join me in my hotel for New Years ? My room I booked has a view of Times Square?" She asks with a seductive tone . Valerie was beautiful don't get me wrong . She was blonde , her body was ..amazing .

Valerie couldn't compare to Carrie .

Carrie was simply stunning with her golden copper hair , and her brown eyes with a hint of gold in them . She was unlike anyone I met .

I had realize Carrie wasn't mine anymore .

I licked over my lips nodding ,"Sounds fun." I say quietly." I gotta go , well talk later ."

I walked away from her but I can see her smiling ear to ear . That made me a little happy . Someone wanted to spend time with me .

I walked into my office sighing heavily going to my desk . I sat down on the comfortable chair . I leaned back closing my eyes for a second . I don't know why am I so tired ? Depression maybe ?

I felt my phone buzz in my pocket and I furrowed my eyebrows pulling it out .

The number made me freeze for a second. I haven't spoken to her in a long time . She was actually my best friend. While I was dating Carrie . Carrie swore I was in love with her . She was jealous about every girl I spoke to . Carrie had every right to be .

I answered the phone ,"Hello?" I spoke with a confused tone .

There was a silence , maybe she was gathering up what she wanted to say .
Either way it was making me extremely nervous.
"I saw Carrie.." she whispers.

I quickly stood up ,"Where is she ? Did she transfer jobs ?" I asked

"Harry she's sick.. you know how my little brother has cancer ....she's a patient at the cancer research hospital. I saw her there ."

I took in a shaky breath as my heart clenched . I couldn't imagine her like that .

"She didn't look too good either ." She added quietly

She's sick ?