06

the rain loudly was making pitter patter sounds against the car, and occasionally a clap of thunder would sound making jack tense. he never was one to like thunder storms.

zach looks back at jack every few minutes, giving him a small crooked smile. jack sends him one back, but zach could see it was a forced one he mustered up.

silence fills the car, jonah concentrating on getting them home safely. his bottom lip was tugged between his teeth, his tongue slightly poking out as he drives slowly down the road.

"you okay?" zach mumbles his voice soft and his body turned towards jack.

jack nods, staring out the window. they were getting close to the house.

when jonah pulled into the driveway corbyn quickly runs outside pulling the door open when he sees the headlights beam into the window.

he runs to jack despite not wearing any shoes or a shirt. when jack steps out of the car he was engulfed in a tight hug by a soaking wet corbyn.

"corbyn you're soaking wet!" jack whines pulling away from corbyn who crossed his arms staring at jack.

"don't scare us like that!" he hits jack's arm. "next time text one of us so we know you aren't dead. okay dude?" corbyn laughs softly, walking beside jack into the house. zach trudged behind a feeling in the pit of his stomach as he watched jack and corbyn.

inside christina was in the kitchen, likely making them dinner. she tended to do that a lot when she visited them, knowing they mostly ate out too lazy to cook a proper meal.

"jack!" christina excitedly exclaims, noticing the curly haired boy enter the kitchen. she pulls him into a quick hug, then smacks his arm.

"what's with all the slapping?" he questions holding his arm, he playfully glares at her smiling.

"it's for being an idiot." christina turns around heading back towards the stove that was still on.

jack looks around noticing something missing, more specifically a person, his roommate daniel.

jack makes his way upstairs, corbyn stopping him, his hand holding jack's arm.

"that's not a good idea right now."

"why?"

corbyn looks at christina searching her eyes for support. she lets out a breath, sitting down the plates she had picked up.

"he's upset. give him time to cool off." christina says, rubbing jack's shoulder, a sad smile on her lips as she saw the color drain from jack's eyes. he felt his chest ache knowing this likely was his fault. it also ached because daniel never was one to get mad at jack, nor want to ignore him.

jack felt zach's eyes watching him, following his every move. jack turns his head meeting the younger males eyes who were pleading him to come sit with him and give daniel time too cool off.

with a defeated sigh jack walks into the living room, sitting beside jonah who was on his phone, likely texting tatum. the large smile on his face gave it away, tatum the only girl who can make jonah smile so much his face hurts.

zach still with his eyes on jack attempts to get him to meet his eyes. but jack was trying his hardest to avoid his stare and zach all together.

jack stands up, walking into the kitchen to get away from zach. corbyn and christina were gather ingredients to what it looked like bake cookies.

"can i help?" jack questions startling the pair who didn't notice his presence. they turn around clearing there throat, and nodding.

"me too?" zach's voice says, he leaned in the entryway, eyes still staring at jack.