08

daniel curled into the warmth of his bed, refusing to look over at the other bed that was unoccupied. his head ached from the previous night, which he had drank his body weight in alcohol, trying to numb the sadness and anger in his bones. and also trying to forget about the fact jack never would love him the way he did him.

a soft knock on the door brought daniel out of his thoughts. he sits up yelling for the person to come in. he didn't expect to see a tired zach walk in, a look of concern behind his eyes as he stared at daniel, who's hair was disheveled and and his clothes missing.

"can we talk?" zach questions sitting down on jack's bed. daniel doesn't say no nor did he agree to talk. he glared at zach, wondering what it was that jack loved so much about him.

zach continues. "why have you been ignoring me?" he questions playing with the frayed string of his distress jeans.

"i'm not!"

zach scoffs. "you only talk to jonah or corbyn. it's fucking bright as day you're ignoring me." zach dryly chuckles rolling his eyes at the elder male.

daniel grows quiet, reusing to meet zach's eyes.

"you have everything i want." he mumbles his voice barely audible.

"what?" zach says

"nothing, it's just it sucks jack is ignoring us and i guess i took it out on you because you're his best friend and should know." he says, it was half a lie. truthfully daniel was jealous of zach, and his jealously turned into a bitter anger towards zach.

"oh."

the room grows quiet, both of the boys not knowing what to say.

"jack said he'll be back later today." zach then says breaking the awkward silence in the room. daniel nods, pulling the covers closer to his naked body.

"okay."

zach stands up, giving one last glance at daniel, then walking out the room. daniel lets out a breath he had been holding, running his fingers through his messy hair.

"fuck." he groans to himself, swinging his legs out of bed. he stands up grabbing a pair of clean boxers and a tee shirt. daniel reaches across the bed grabbing his phone to check the time. half past eleven. daniel makes his way downstairs, the smell of breakfast filling his nose. christina.

"hey buddy!" she excitedly says gaining the attention of corbyn who was looking through the fridge for something to drink.

"you look like crap." corbyn says ruffling his hair when he passed daniel. daniel swats his hand away, grabbing a glass of water.

"thanks." he mumbles rolling his eyes.

jonah was sat at the table with zach who was on his laptop liking doing school work considering he was still in high school.

"i have to pick up jack later. his car battery died." jonah says mouthful of cereal.

"how?" christina questions sitting down a plate for daniel, who sent her a soft smile as a thank you.

"dumbass left the headlights on." jonah rolls his eyes sitting his phone on the table.

"can i go with you to pick him up?" zach questions a hopeful look in his eyes.

jonah shakes his head. "he instructed me to not bring you. but instead daniel." at the mention of his name daniel perks up. a smile on his lips. jack wanted me this time.

zach slams his laptop shut, getting up from the table. his abrupt movements gained the attention of the others, confusion on their faces at zach's sudden mood change. daniel and jonah however knew why he was upset.