⚜️Cherry tart⚜️

Chapter 2

{Narrator}

Their boots smack on the wooden slabs of the front porch, a clear indication of their weariness. They move in complete silence, like a ritual almost. Both chuck their boots beside a collapsing bench. Fi-fi swoops in from the side window and warbles.

The door opens to a petite, grey haired lady. Her forehead wrinkles with a smile. "I'd thought that the authorities had arrived from your loud commotion. I'll bring out the cherry tarts"

The sweet tantalizing thought of cherry tart on her taste buds, sent gallons of drool pooling in her mouth.

"Hurry now, they're still warm and crisp. Come join us too, V!" The source of her mother's voice diminishing .

Taehyung sidesteps Rie, and walks ahead of her. But she yanks on his shirt playfully and shoves him behind her like a child. 

"Funny how after all this training, you still are as weak as a fawn" She mocks him. In retaliation, he tugs on her ponytail. 

"You'll see, i'll prove you wrong" He says. 

"Of course you would. Especially when you ace that marathon.

"When did you say it was again?" 

"The 30th of this month. Why?" The coronation. Taehyung's heart sank. 

"N-no. i was just curious." He replies, reaching for his cup of tea. Rie narrows her eyes at him for a moment, then smiles.

 "I know you can do it. Have some trust in me would you?" Taehyung lifts his eyes to hers. Her eyes, nose, lips...so...familiar...but not quite at the same time. Rie leans forward and tilts her head.

"Why are staring at me like that?" He snaps out of his thought. He'd put down his cup and was leaning forward, inches apart from her. He takes a sharp intake of breath and leans back in his chair. Just that the chair lacked a backrest, and ended him in a blushing heap on the floor. Rie laughs and walks over to help him up when Rie's mother walks in. 

"Bullying an innocent fawn, my daughter? How heartless."  Rie snorts at her mothers words as she returns to her seat, stealing a piping hot tart into her mouth, and starts fanning at her mouth like the uncouth young lady she was. 

"Close your mouth,dear" Rie's mother squints at taehyung in embarrassment. Rie just smiles up at her mother, giving her a thumbs up. 

Taehyung envied what she had. Someone to smile up at, to give thumbs up to without a hint of shame. The clock on the wall chimed and Taehyung is brought back to reality. He glances up at the wall and abruptly stands from his chair, breaking the moment between mother and daughter.

 "It's been a very long day, my mother should be getting rather anxious should i not get home in a few moments time." 

"Already? Then, take a tart or two. They are absolutely scrumptious. It's only once in a lifetime where you would ever consume such quality tart." She wriggles the tart between her fingers. 

"Then i shall entrust my share to you for now, Rie. I'd have a bigger portion the next time." he winks. 

"Alright alright, walk V to the door." Her mother chides, nudging her daughter.

Rie follows Taehyung to the door and after tugging on those boots, he stands up.

"Remember to practise running. Okay?" She cooes, pinching his nose.

"Remember to go take a shower okay?" He says teasing, hands cupping her face. He leans towards her and tries to close up the gap in between them.

Just as their lips met, Rie stuffs a cherry tart into his mouth. She whispers, poking his cheek.

"Until next time, pretty boy."

~To be continued~

Anonymoustako©