⚜️Drained⚜️

Chapter 6

{Rie}

The Guards lay her on a floating cement block which is known as the bed and attached tight and heavy manacles to her wrists. She locks gazes with the guard and see pity written all over his face. She rests her face on the cold slab of concrete as the doors to her jail cell clank shut.

Her sinuses stung. Weak tears well up in her eyes and trickle down her face. Her dress ripped, her hair, in a worse condition than ever before, her face a swollen mess. She sobbed, her whole body hurting at the slightest movements. Her manacles clink together as she tried to lift her hands, but they were just too heavy.

She listened to the manacles grate against each other, and felt it deep in her bones where a cold ache settled in.

She tries to get up to a sitting position, but a sharp pain shot up to her spine. She took in a sobering breath, trying to push the pain aside.  But give in at last to the pain, slumping back to her original position. She's heard of people with the abilities to heal, but who would care for a criminal anyway?

Her eyes grew wet with emotion and the knot in her throat tripled, accompanied with a bolt of achiness shooting right out of her chest.

Freedom, ripped from her.

{Taehyung}

For two straight months, he's looked for her high and Low, screaming, hollering her name through the woods, praying with his whole might, that he would receive a shout back.

Panic seize his rib cage. His brain racking of all possible reasons. He's gone to her house to knock on the door, no body answered, peered through the windows. Nothing.

He even considered tearing down the door. Was she sick?

He paced through the forest at least a gazillion times, like a wolve trying to detect a fresh kill.  He's even dived into the lake to check.

The last thing a glower would do. Crossing fingers, that she didn't drown.

Water usually slowed the speed of his abilities, all he'd managed to create is a weak orange flame. At last, he resulted again to her door.

Rapping on the door loud and hard, he shouted,

"RIE! ARE YOU IN?!" Finally, the door opened a little. Taehyung widened his eyes.

"Ri-" but it wasn't Rie.

"she's gone. She gone!" The woman's tear streaked face leaked more tears.

"What happened to Rie?" Taehyung asked slowly, gripping her hands. She shakes her head

"R-Rie.......She's... she's in prison." His eyes widen, his body turning into rock solid. He felt his body heating up.

"What did she do?". The weak flame grew in his palms, his eyes the Color red. The woman clasps her hand over her mouth and gets on her knees,

"Your majesty."

"Answer me." He demanded.

"She...she got into a fight down town." The flame in his hands burned more oxygen, making it easier for the flame to turn green.

He huffs out a hot breath, and the fires goes out.

.

{Rie}

Rie's  body deteriorated, her lips paled into a purple hue, sunken cheeks, bonier hands, ringed under eyes, her pale hands, hurting from the cold. By the looks of her ectomorphic being, it was easy to tell that she wasn't eating properly for the last two months. 

The loss of her natural flush, caused by the lack of exercise, and fresh air. Other than crossing the cell to go to her own toilet, she stayed in the same corner she'd been sitting at since her arrest.

The jail was underground, so no natural lighting, no natural heat. Not that there was resourceful down here. Other than the frequent waning of metal, It's cold and packed with the dense noise of silence.

Till the point where she could actually go mad, listening to all the frequencies beneath and above the silence. You must be thinking that she's crazy, because she was hearing noises from silence.

She felt isolated, suffocated. Untouched food lay diagonally away from her. Guards place the food down onto the ground and push the food through the gap of the door with a cane. They just came and left, came and left.

But today is, however, felt different. Rie leaned her head on wall asleep, when the door burst open, heat radiating from the entrance.

Rie jostled awake, and hugged her knees closer.

"Your majesty. You can't just..."

"SHUT YOUR TRAP OR I'LL CHAR YOU ALIVE!!"

The deep explosion of a voice so familiar, the feeling yet distant.

The heavy clicks of quality leather boots falling on the concrete floor approach her, her skin prickled with warmth,
goosebumps spidering down her arms and spine.

At first, Rie wanted to rush to the toilet to hide beneath the sink, but something in her had set her whole body rigid. The colour on her face drain.

Her cracked lips inched apart, eyes wider than never before. The living heater approaches the cell, carrying the type of warmth only he could give her.

"Let's get out of here." His gaze wandered back and forth between her eyes as the familiar words laced with worry, hurt and a touch of desperation in his voice that mirrored what she felt.

Her breath caught in her throat, and she blinked away the threatening tears. She looked down , away from his scrutiny.

The boy's form cast a long dark shadow, from the torches on the wall, illuminating his eyes, redder than a pint of fresh blood.

He stood before her, his polished boots, Gold Badges and medals strapped on a red silk sash across his broad uniform, his hair slick back neatly, with a crown, atop his head.

She was so overwhelmed with her own feelings, physical state, black and white spots fill her vision. A piercing ring kicks her ear drum and tears spring out of her eyes.

Out of fear, relief, agony. Taking one last look at the person, she knocked out cold. This dream, a beautiful dream. A lightness flowed through her limbs.

Something she'd never encountered or  want to wake up from. She felt weightless, buoyant, despite the tight manacles bounding her tiny wrists.

Even in her dream, the hopes of being free exhausted her.

It Drained her.

~End~

Anonymoustako©