Chapter 1

(You are 8 just so ya know! And you get freckles since John's your dad!)

(Y/n) POV:

     "Daaaaaad!" I yelled from my room upstairs. "Yeeees!" He yelled back. "Can you come here?" I yelled downstairs once again. "Sure thing kiddo." He replies. He slowly makes his way up the stairs. "Watcha need kid?" He said walking into my room. "Boo!" I yelled jumping out of my closet.

"Oh goodness (Y/n)! You almost gave me a heart attack." He chuckled holding his hand on his chest. "Do you need anything or did you call me up here just so you could do that?" He questioned. "Just so I could do that!" I said with a giant smile and my hands on my hips.

     "Well then I guess I came up here to do... this!" He yelled. He picked me up and put me on my bed. I started laughing uncontrollably as he tickled my sides. "Stop! Stop!" I said putting my hands up.

     "Fine I will." He pouted. I stood up on my bed and gave him a hug. "It's okay!" I told him as he crossed his arms. "Can we go for a walk at the park?" I said jumping up and down. "Yeah let's go mini freckles!" He yelled grabbing me off my bed. "Wheee!" I yelled.

     "I can walk on my own you know." I said as he carried me down the stairs. "Yeah but I'm gonna carry you since in a few years I can't." He replied.

     We reached the bottom of the stairs and he set me down.  "Alright let's go!" I ran to the door acting like an airplane. "Slow your roll! You need shoes." He chuckled. "Oh thanks dad." I grabbed my tennis shoes from him and put them on.

"Now let's go!" I said. I opened the door and skipped down the sidewalk. Dad put on his sunglasses as he followed behind me. "To the park!" He shouted. He ran behind me and put me on his shoulders. We walked all the way to the park and dad put me down. I ran to the lake in search of any turtles.

I looked around for any turtles. I didn't see any for awhile until I saw something moving in the grass.

John's POV:

I watched (Y/n) run around the lake doing her normal search for any turtles. I'm glad she got the turtle loving side of me. I saw her kneel down in the grass. "I found one! I found one!" She yelled.

She runs up to me with a little green turtle in her hand. "Nice (Y/n)!" I told her. "What should we name this one?" She asked. "I don't know. You name it!" "Uh how about (turtle name)!" She suggested. "That works."

"I'm gonna go put it back in the grass!" She skipped off to the lake and placed the small turtle down. She kept looking for more turtles for awhile. But she didn't find any more. "No more luck." She sighed. "You ready to head back home?" I asked. "Yeah." She stated.

We got home and (Y/n) went to do whatever 8 year old girls do. I sighed as I sat down on the couch. My phone buzzed beside me and I picked it up to see who it was.

Smalls✍🏼: you still coming over for dinner so Philip and (Y/n) can meet?

Freckled turtle🐢: oh yeah I forgot! But I'll be there!

Smalls✍🏼: great see you at 6:00!

Freckled turtle🐢: see you at 6

I set my phone down and sighed. "I can't believe I forgot about that!" I groaned. It was already 5:00. "One hour." I mumbled.

I walked to (Y/n)'s room and knocked on her door. "Come in!" She yelled. I opened her door and saw her sitting at her desk. She was putting stickers all over a piece of paper. I saw my turtle drawing from when I was at daycare. It hung on her wall, framed. Yes we did frame it. She insisted on keeping it in her room.