World of Magma

"So this is you.." The man at the airport security desk looked over Mikoto's fake passport with a raised eyebrow. "

"Yeah." said Mikoto nodding.

"Your name is Annabeth Chase?" said the gaurd. "Cause it sounds a lot like someone I read about in a book once?"

"I-it does?" Mikoto said shakily. "W-wow...what a coincidence! I wouldn't know anything about that.."

"And your friend there." said the gaurd looking at Lucy's fake passport. "Her name is Asuna Yuuki?"

"Y-yeah.." said Lucy. "That's right!"

"And your black haired friend is April O'niel?" said the gaurd. "and your pink haired guy here is Bruce Wayne?"

In Mikoto's head, all she could think was: This is the last time I ever let Natsu pick the names!!!!

Mikoto had all the names set up..unsuspecting names that she was sure would not arouse any suspicious looks..then Natsu came along and asked if he could pick the names....and low and behold, Bruce Wayne, Annabeth Chase, April O'niel, and Asuna Yuuki were born...yeah...not exactly subtle. Mikoto was just glad Natsu hadn't named himself Optimus Prime.

The guard scanned the passports under a strange sleek black machine. A new security measure provided by Academy City to instantly search databases for suspicious identities. However, Mikoto had also erased hers along with all her friend's identity info on the net, meaning photo id wouldn't be a problem.

The man nodded. "This says you guys are supposed to be at gate 13 with that academic field trip flight. Erm..if you don't mind me asking..not to be rude, but those names, are rather odd.."

"We had our names legally changed." said Lucy. "We really like fictional media and stuff...hehehe....and Na- I mean Bruce is a real comic fan. Isn't that right Miko-I mean Annabeth?"

"Y-yeah Lu-I mean Asuna!" said Mikoto. "I just love Percy Jackson books...yeah!"

"And those stuffed animals." said the gaurd. "they look quite life like. Where did you get them?"

Mikoto hugged Elli a little tighter in her arms. Elli was currently pretending to be a motionless toy, whering a pink hoodie and small denim pants to assist in hiding her breathing.

"Yeah..we brought them at a store in Fiore before the whole war thing..we love Exceeds!! hehehe..."

"Hmmm...yeah fine you can pass." said the gaurd.

Mikoto did her best to hold in her sigh of relief as she and her friends passed the front desk.

Suddenly, the gaurd held out a hand. "Oh! Hold on, I almost forgot."

Mikoto stopped in her tracks, her heart beating hard beneath her ribs.

The man brought out a strange scanner with a mark of the Magic Council on it. "Sorry about this..but rumor is, even kids your age could be one of those dark guild guys."

As the man's scanner passed over Mikoto's right shoulderblade she felt a shiver go up her spine and her eyes began to water. Fighting the urge to cry Mikoto hugged Elli a little tighter. Elli closed a paw around Mikoto's hand to reassure her.

"Well looks like you kids are good." said the gaurd. "Fly safely kay?"

"Thanks."

The group walked through the airport that day looking cheerful on the outside, but feeling afraid and nervous on the inside. Mikoto could relate to how everyone was feeling..she knew her guildmark had pretty much just been a magic tattoo, but without it, she felt bare and vulnerable..as if she just lost half her entire identity.